Oil feed and return

Got my micra today its a 1.3 CG13 when you turn the key the engine starts but to keep the engine running you have to push the key towards the drivers door window.

anyway

i have a gt17 laying around which has next to no play in the shaft looks to be in good condition!

i intend on making my own exhaust manifold but where do i get the oil feed and where do i tap for the oil return from?

it is also oil feed and water feed, i intend on tapping into the thermostate pipe to get the water feed and returning the water feed back to the just before the pipe that goes into the radiator is this the usual?

oil feed is from the head, theres a little hex bolt that needs to come out.... return goes to the sump with a little modding

also just to recheck i am right in thinking if on low boost it is ok and i do not have to change any engine internals except possibly the clutch? also do i need to change any of the fueling except for possibly swapping out the injectors?

i plan on keeping the original throttle body now and not fit bike carbs but i should be able to fit quite a large alloy intercooler which will be in direct flow (about 20" x 15" x 5")

so first plan of action with the turbo is to adjust it so there is no preload (so it doesnt boost to begin with or possibly only does 2-3psi)

hopefully i am right in thinking that if you adjust the acutors arm by shortenging it you will end up with no boost?

you can adjust the length of the actuating rod just by turning the end, but that will only increase the preload on the wastegate spring, or else hold it open,
but you can fit an extra spring to lower the boost if you want (so that it acts against the wastegate spring, making it only 1/2 as strong) my (5psi) boost lowering extra spring was,nt on for long :)

i blew the ringlands on all 4 (1.0) pistons in the 1st week overboosting, then fitted 1.3 pistons and 2 headgaskets to drop the C/R to a safer level

Back