Oil cooler

As before you won't need one unless you're doing something that's really punishing your engine. Even then maybe not, I defer to those with more experience of k11s. But if you do get one, make sure it has a built in thermostat so the cooler loop switches on only when needed, otherwise you'll be waiting ages for the extra oil in the system to come up to temperature, which may be detrimental to health of your engine.

I run an oil cooler without a thermostat never had any issues or detrimental effects. I use a 50/50 mix of 0w50 oil and magnetec 10w40. Thinner oil gets into the vital areas even when cold
And mines a daily/rally car so the engine has to be tip top

Hi i have been looking at fitting an oil cooler to my micra, but after being educated by my friend reece a sandwich plate won't be possible as the oil filter will collide with the alternator. How have people mounted oil coolers to K11's, they look the bomb and in true bozo styling i want one. Any help would be great (CG13 engine k11 single facelift if this is any use to ya)

I dunno i got told something about the geometry of the engine means a sandwich plate wont work. I thought he said alternator but you're right thats at the front of the engine. @Agent_Sm1th have you got any experiance with fitting oil coolers if so i would like to hear :)

Back