Oil cooler question

Anto Modded

Ex. Club Member
i posted before but didnt really get the answer i was looking for, so here go's.
i have a 96 1.0l k11 vibe model, does anyone have a pic of where i can connect an oil cooler to the engine and also is there any sites that sell an oil cooler that would fit and also the connections.

my original list when i was thinking about adding one was.

1.Take off plate
2. Oil stat
3. Suitable hoses and cooler

id only mostly checked mocal and earls parts but didnt really get any further than that...i believe its earls (maybe mocal also) that offer a full kit setup if you tell them what you want, how long the hoses are needed etc they can get it all ready for fitting...

Hope that helps. :)

theres a few kits on e-bay, if you call them up an ask nicely they will include the micra sandwich plate for you.

but all you realy need is a generic oil cooler, some braided lines from wherever you can get them from, and the sandwich plate.

im gettin one for mine and i have the order ready too... so ill let you know.

theres a few kits on e-bay, if you call them up an ask nicely they will include the micra sandwich plate for you.

but all you realy need is a generic oil cooler, some braided lines from wherever you can get them from, and the sandwich plate.

im gettin one for mine and i have the order ready too... so ill let you know.

yes keep me informed please, is a kit expensive if you dont mind me asking:glance:

why do you want one anyway? have you measured the temp of your oil? is it getting too hot? you shouldn't really need one on a reletively standard engine.
some SR20 equipped cars used the nissan 70JOO oil filters, but not all SR20's, although the oil filter the other SR20's use is of micra size. the GA series engines used a larger oil filter than the micra. the tread size is 3/4in for the filter (as found out by sunny :blush:).
here's something raceworx found, filter relocation and cooler.
http://www.driftworks.com/catalog/product_info.php?pName=oil-filter-relocation-and-cooler-kit

well im going to put one on the car but im also going to put a 1.0 engine into a miget car and you never go above 2nd gear and they get alot of punishment, racing in hot weather. its just i get a heavy smell of oil from the car when i drive it hard for a good while too. there no loaks from it or anything

well im going to put one on the car but im also going to put a 1.0 engine into a miget car and you never go above 2nd gear and they get alot of punishment, racing in hot weather. its just i get a heavy smell of oil from the car when i drive it hard for a good while too. there no loaks from it or anything

then a cooler should be ideal, try buying the parts seperately, ebay should be able to supply a sandwitch plate.

I priced one up with buying the parts separately and it came to about £60, look at the stuff Demon-tweeks has, they have all you need to do it

Back