Oil Breather

M

Mulbers

Continuing from the santa pod thread
------------------------------------

Are people plannig to go cross country? I was thinking of going the motor way way. But id be willing to go that way for a laugh.

For the races, do we have to have oil over spill bottles on the car if has an open breather? Like yours alan.

Cheers

Mulbers said:
For the races, do we have to have oil over spill bottles on the car if has an open breather? Like yours alan.

Cheers

Mine's not open, its got a filter on it! You'd need something there to catch oil etc as im sure the pod crew wouldnt be happy with oil spirting all over the track.

Use the original airpan filter if you havent got a breather filter

I know you have one, i was refering to the filter still being open though, because it could still run out on the road (I guess). Not to worry then, i am gettin one off the bay soon anyway. But thanks.

Another note, my brother took me out for a drive in my car last night as iv just finished all my mods. Eloitt's exhaust is very loud and carb is amazing. i set the timing 6 degrees advanced. I really cant belive what a difference it has made. I think you may have a fight on your hands for the race. lol

Ems said:
Ok i'm totally lost with this oil business boy's!! Why would any of u leak oil?!!!!!!!!!!

I belive from the top of the rocker head cover the oil is under possitive pressure. Oil can come out of it, not a prob on the road so much, but like alan said the pod crew wouldnt be happy with oil on the track. Correct me if im wrong please.

Well mine's 100% standard so will be just interesting to see how much difference these mods make :)

The oil breather thing is this Ems :)

4.breather.JPG
If it wasnt there, there would be a pipe in its place. The oil passes through into the air filter. Having a seperate one means it keeps the K&N clean :)

Thats the main thing i want to find out from this. See if all the work was worth it.

Next thing is to get it looking and handling a bit better. Lowering springs and strut brace next.

Use the image uploader mate! Its under "Image Hosting" then "Upload an Image" at the top of the page

O yeah. ha ha. I Never really look at thos bit up there. Maybe i should more often.

Cheers

Mulbers said:
O yeah. ha ha. I Never really look at thos bit up there. Maybe i should more often.

Cheers

Neither do i lol!!! Just if were on the sub i slip a quick question in!!! :)

the chances of anything coming out are so small i woulnt worry about it lol i ran my car without a filter and it never in 2 years spilt oil ;)

Speedle said:
the chances of anything coming out are so small i woulnt worry about it lol i ran my car without a filter and it never in 2 years spilt oil ;)
You should see my car... all hoses connected, but still:

143eca7605f382.JPG

Although I know what the problem is, the cam cover gasket was distorted when i took the cover off so I put some liquid gasket on it aswell but don't think it quite sorted it :(

i might point out at this point, if your engine is functioning properly, it will emmit no oil or oil vapour from the breather. Insead, there should be a very small vacuum from it.

If your breathing heavily, i sugest that you have more underlying probems than spilling a bit of oil on the floor.

Back