Oil breather filter installment

So if i were to use denso iridium spark plugs and an MSD ignition coils pack to boost the voltage, would I need to change the coil packs connected to the spark plugs or just switch the current ignition coils pack with the MSD pack?

The plugs will be fine :)
The spark itself comes from the top of plugs. They're connected to a signal box.
You'd need to find a coil over plug design upgrade :)

You have coil over plug already. That little black box on the end is your coil that provides voltage... so they're the bit you'd need to upgrade

If you were to change your design to standard leads and coils you'd be opening a can of worms

To be perfectly honest its not something I've got involved in with myself.
But they will be out there somewhere. Can't say they'd be cheap either

Might just replace them cause they're getting damn old to be honest .... and if i'm switching the spark plugs i might as well, right? Or not right .....? hahaha

£60 .... D: hahaha i'll stick with just changing the plugs ;) back to the catch can for one quick question; the catch can doesn't rob the engine of oil, does it? Because that oil vapour would just be sent back into the intake manifold to be burned presumably .....? Unless the catch can is taking more oil out of circulation than would be lost if there were no catch can?

A catch can takes oil vapor. Swirls it round and takes the oil out of the air. And clean air comes out and goes in the engine.
The oil is caught in the can. Hence "catch" can. Then you can reuse that oil :)

Sure... you can buy a catch tank with a screw bottom... put a fitting in and put a pipe back to the sump... otherwise its a manual task.
My tank has been on a year or so and there's not much if anything in it so far :)

Where is the pcv valve ......? I can see the oil breather pipe on the back right and the fuel injectors on a rail below it, as well as the coil packs on the front of the cylinder head, but there's no valves that suggest they might be a pcv .....

Would it be possible that there is only one line coming out of the crankcase because it's a 4-cylinder engine and so they combined the breather hose and the pcv .....?

Oh god ... hahaha it wouldn't be one of the tubes filtering into that vacuumed space on top of the intake box on top of the engine, would it? And I assume the air is piped to a point past where the oil breather filter pipe is placed? Otherwise the crankcase would be being flushed-out with air coming from the crankcase ....

It will be one of them :)... if you take it off put your finger over you'll see :)
Either wat it will be right in terms of MOT

Back