ohh ohh, gearbog went bang!

mullet

Ex. Club Member
so to set the scene i was taking my girlfriends we brother fishing to day and it was 30 miles from home in the micra i had recentley filled up the g/box with oil and had noticed it would occasionaly slip out 3rd (thought just the age of it) so as we wer on the way up i heard a loud crunch and it poped out of gear and i thought how strange so slipped it back in and continued driveing, anout 5 miles from the sestination we came to a traffic jam on a country side road at the loch side and the gears started acting funny like i couldnt select 1st or 3rd so we eventually got to the fishing spot after about an hour of being stuck in the one spot so we did our fishing and caught nothing ha ha then i went to leave and noticced i had no 1st gear no 3rd gear no 5th and no reverse so my dad and he suggested i just got as far along as i could so i did i got along about 3 miles and came to a massive hill (a silly steep gradient) the car in front was going rather slow so i slowed down to give me enough room to blast up the hill in second this diddnt work half way up the hill the car went bag! so i was stuck there with no drive till my dad arrived and had to tow me the 30ish miles back home ha ha

any hows now need a new gear box whats the going price for one from a scrappy cheers

yeh i thot there were other bits needed, just wast sure. haa, ahh well man gud luck and like stani said ,if you get stuck just give us a shout

cheers for the offers i phoned up some scrappys and theres one near my girlfriends house that will do it for 55
i think i might just do thr clutch at the same time :D

yip nearley stripped it all apart again as i thought i had done it wrong and the clutch wasnt catching it was because both wheels were off the ground ha ha ha silly me and my father

Back