O2 sensors

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
Guys im going to be getting a few parts for the micra in at my place of work and on sell them cheap as I can.
I was going to do this a while back but did not have time to mess around but ill give it a go now.

First item I will have in are O2 sensors.
ACA 3 wire to suit. Top brand not like the cheap no name stuff you see on ebay. $75 plus postage costs which wont be much.
I just replace mine today with this one and its an easy job to do.
I plan to get in other items such as KYB shocks and king springs to suit as well but can people who have them let me know what they payed for them so I can work out if I can bet the prices before getting in stock. thanks.

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
i payed 115 per side for just the front kyb shocks... although i think nsm is selling them cheaper.... 105 last time i checked... and the rears are a bit cheaper aswell

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
king springs are not worth the cash. Paid around 470 delivered and should have got the lovell ones. Was not happy with them. The g4 racing coilovers that are in are great well worth the cash.

CMF_qwerty132

» CMF Member
Micra_King WROTE:

"Im now getting 5.9L to 6.1L per 100km since replacing my O2 sensor. Well worth doing.

What sort of economy were you getting before the swap???

If it has dropped by heaps from something like 8+ l/100km then I will get one asap...

Thanks
qwerty132

CMF_qwerty132

» CMF Member
Hmmm....

This has got me thinking.

Mine is using lots of fuel (9l/100km)... I have checked that it is switching using by putting the ecu into diagnostics mode and checking the flashes at 2k rpm.... I have also used a multimeter to check the reading of the middle pin... It seemed to be switching within the normal range. I have also resoldered my throttle body which fixed another minor problem..

I get the feeling that mine may appear to be working but is not really working properly.

How much is postage to Brisbane 4122??

Thanks
qwerty132

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
Dunno I would think $5 to $8 How hard are you driving the car? I was talking to the nissan mech I know and he was telling me they should be replaced at around 80,000 to 100,000km as even though they still work they dont work as good as they should. If your thrashing the engine then try and drive like a grandmother for a tank to see if it improves much.

CMF_qwerty132

» CMF Member
Hey,
I have tried different driving styles and it helps a bit but still uses way more fuel than it should.

I did a long trip yesterday. Brisbane to Bundaberg via Toowoomba. Then topped the fuel up.

Then from there I went to Crows Nest, Nanango, Goomeri, Ban Ban Springs, then across to Bundaberg. Its about 135km to Toowoomba and then another 420 to Bundy. I averaged 7l/100 for both parts of the trip. Remember there is the Toowoomba Range and the back way to Bundy is not a flat straight road.... You have to drop gears to get up all the big hills etc. For the second part I was probably sitting just on 105km/hr(my speedo is out) which I know is not the most efficent speed for a micra. I reckon if I was doing 95/100 the whole way it would have been closer to 6l/100km. I had 2 people and stuff in the car. Had aircon on (except for the big hills LOL)

My car has done 190~k kms. So its probably due for one anyway.

Anyway, Ill let you know when I have the money for a new O2 sensor...

Thanks
qwerty132

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
To the two people who wantted O2 sensors. please pm me back and I will send you my details. Price is $70 plus $8 postage. If postage works out less ill refund the diff or if its more ill wear it. Thanks guys. I will be posting them via registered post to be sure you get them.

CMF_qwerty132

» CMF Member
Hey,
Can you still do these for $70 plus $8 post to Brisbane 4120?

If you can, let me know where to deposit the money pls.
Thanks

qwerty132

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
Sure can, in fact have one ready to go at work. Fire me an email to and ill give you my bank details.

Also an update on my own car. Since replacing my O2 sensor I now always get between 5.8L to 6.2L per 100kms driving steady so its been a huge improvment over the 8L plus I was getting.

CMF_qwerty132

» CMF Member
Hey,

Got my sensor today... I picked it up at lunch and then fitted it after work.. First thing that I have noticed it that it seems to idle a a fair bit lower once its warmed up. I also cleaned all the black soot of the exhaust pipe to see if that clears up too... hahaha

Ill let you know how it goes..
Thanks

qwerty132

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
Yeah I noticed the idle was a bit lower after fitting mine too. Also make sure your thermostat is working right eg it gets to half way in around 5mins of driving and then stays there.

CMF_qwerty132

» CMF Member
Hey,
Ill have a bit closer look at the temp gauge.. Half way is normal for mine in summer... In winter and when cruising long distances on the highway it drops down or doesnt actually get to half way. Still runs fine though.

Around town stoping at trafic lights etc its doesnt move from half.

I guess this is normal?

Thanks
qwerty132

CMF_1300cc

» CMF Member
Micra_King WROTE:

"Guys im going to be getting a few parts for the micra in at my place of work and on sell them cheap as I can.

I was going to do this a while back but did not have time to mess around but ill give it a go now.

First item I will have in are O2 sensors.

ACA 3 wire to suit. Top brand not like the cheap no name stuff you see on ebay. $70 plus postage costs which wont be much.

I just replace mine today with this one and its an easy job to do.

I plan to get in other items such as KYB shocks and king springs to suit as well but can people who have them let me know what they payed for them so I can work out if I can bet the prices before getting in stock. thanks.
hi,,cn you supply for other car models as well like toyota starlet?

CMF_ronin_kid

» CMF Member
does anyone know if the two white wires are sided?.

as in, if i do get them the wrong way around will it still work?.
also, will it throw up a fault code if these wires get crossed?.

Back