mum`s micra eating o2 sensors

Dragonmaster_uk

K12 NUTTER
about twelve months ago my mums micra (same as mine except standard) started having a really rough idle and kangarooing all over the place took it into nissan as it`s still under warrenty and they replaced the rear o2 sensor and everything was fine

went shopping today in the car just as we were coming home the fuel light came on we knew it was low so no suprise there got most the way home about five miles and my mum said she though the sensor had gone again as the car was running really rough so we went and filled it up with fuel litreally lanuching it round corners as it was the only way to get it round it was that rough got it home and parked it on the drive

so i decided to get my laptop and ecu lead whilst getting the laptop to connect with the car started it up to listen to the idle i couldnt believe how rough it was sounding managed to get it connected no faults found went in to veiw what the o2 sensors were doing sensor 1 bank 1 was around 1.25v sensor 1 bank 2 was around 0.5v if that means anything to anyone as i was doing this the engine management light came on fault stored o2 sensor 1 bank 1 voltage too high the idle was ranging from 650rpm to 1300rpm

good job it`s still under warrenty it will be going back into nissan asap

coincedence anyone or is this what renault has done to nissans reliability

the faults come up as H2OS1 (front) H2OS2 (rear) throught our consult machine wat nissan use, but if you have already had a rear 1 then the front 1 prob need changing as if the rear gose then it will damage the front 1, have it running while monerting the sensors and rev it to 2000-2500 and keep it there the front should switch like mad but the rear will take its time

get back to me if u need more help i work for them

ps FORD you mean Fix Or Repair Daily

O2 should read from 0 to 1v if it is a narrow band item.
Rich to lean transition should be around .49 to .51 v.
Use of a silicone based sealant in the inlet tract or some fuel injection cleaners will affect the O2 sensor.

Back