O2 sensor

CMF_John Hayden

» CMF Member
Hello everyone. Have a problem. The engine management light come on so took it to our wonderfull dealer Kerry Nissan in Darwin and because I have it serviced at a reputable REPCO dealer and NOT them they have now said when an oil filter change was done oil has got into the O2 sensor just under the sump so NO WARRANTY.I couldnt find any oil or grease when I put it on the hoist.I would have thought where it is positioned if oil and grease are a problem then they would been better protected by Nissan so it is fit for service.I have googled O2 sensors and quite interesting reading they can be prone to access by contaminates etc.Any one else had a problem similar.By the way the dealer also charged $72 to diagnose.
Regards
John

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
they,re probably blagging you john (how did the dripping oil get inside the exhaust pipe ??)
assuming its a k12, there are some 2nd lambda fault threads posted on the ilexa forum iirc

frank

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
You know what your problem is. Kerry Nissan Darwin LOL

They are hopeless and you should never have brought one from them. Katherine Nissan normally beats Kerry's price by around 2k which in worth the 300klm drive. Take it back to them and tell them that you will go to consumer affairs as its a warrenty. Repco is a authorised service repairer and regardless it should still be under warrenty. Next time dont buy from Darwin

Nice to know there is someone else up here in this lonely place and is on here though.

Back