nurburgring

yeah its only like 500 miles or so from me, just dont fancy doing it in my micra, maybe attempt it in my next car a almera hopefully.

Arnt the regulations for driving in Europe different to here? Dont Uk residents have to be 21 to drive there? Or just a rumor I heard?

its a toll road, so (when you pay to lap) the police can prosecute you, & apparently do so. It is also a private race track, but not when you pay the toll to go round it. This put me off the idea a little :/ Also apparently some uk insurance companies have specific exceptions for the nurburg, so you might not even be insured?

You have to be 18 to drive on the continent. Be aware of the various traffic laws though, especially in france, and to a minor extent germany.

The main one that gets people out in france is you have to have a high visibility jacket in the cockpit of the car, otherwise you get an on the spot fine.

so if your insurance doesnt cover you on the nurbergring then the police can do you for it?? :p

I think most insurance policies will say in the small print you are not covered for use on race tracks. You will also need to check you are insured to drive in Europe

Im going on 3rd July with my cousion in his 550whp Evo :)

Cannot wait...you dont have to be 21, as he was 18 when he first went!

Amazing trip, around £250-£400 for the weekend, everything included...

The main one that gets people out in france is you have to have a high visibility jacket in the cockpit of the car, otherwise you get an on the spot fine.

I have driven thousands of miles in france and everytime i am going to fast they notice i am an englishman and just give me the slow down signal, not sure what it is really, seems to vary an awful lot. One thing i would say though is go prepared and dont expect them to be lenient, i think i have just been lucky (Y)

I've also heard in France, you MUST carry a first aid kit in your car at all times also!
There's loads of things you must take!

Say goodbye to the idea of weightloss peeps! ;)

its a toll road, so (when you pay to lap) the police can prosecute you, & apparently do so. It is also a private race track, but not when you pay the toll to go round it. This put me off the idea a little :/ Also apparently some uk insurance companies have specific exceptions for the nurburg, so you might not even be insured?
My insurance specifically excludes "Driving on the Nurburgring Nordschleife".

Nevertheless I have a project car that I plan to take round sometime next year, the ring's only 370 miles from me! :laugh: just need to find out how to get it insured!

Back