Number plate lights not working

Hi guys and gals. Just got my micra. 1999 1.0 and I noticed the bulbs on the number plate light had gone. I changed the bulbs but still no joy. All other lights on the rear are working fine. Has anyone had the same problem or know how to fix it as I'm due a MoT at the end of april and dont want to fail on this.

I'm going to get some new old bulb holders from my local scrappy and see if that fixes it.. If not I'll have to try and trace the problem back or pay a auto electrician to do it as I don't have much time

have you checked the wires because they might be the probably as frank said you need to open your boot then take the cover off which is held on with a couple of screws and then check the wiring :).

If you don't manage to trace/find if there's a short or a wire to break, my dad on his Vaxhaull, his number plate light stopped working. So what he did was join the + & - on the number plate light to the tail lights +& -. Do this to both number plate lights and connect them to each tail light, should work. Baring in mind, hiding the wiring lol.

Back