not sure...:/

D

Deleted member

just spotted 2 small and i mean small droplets of oil on my yard today,..

so gave the micra a quick look over as i had work all day so will look tomorrow more

but any way it isnt cuming from the sump

thier is a little bit of oil visible on the gear box very small amount i dont think its the gear box seals to be honest but b4 i go looking more into it tomorrow when i have the quite sunday time:p

i would like all of yere opinions on wat it maybe:)

cheers
tom

Wipe it all clean around engine.
Cardboard underneath so you can see where it comes from.
Run engine
Find fresh oil on engine
Oil leak found

i wiped it all clean yesterday
i ran engine
left a white sheet underneath
no oil leak now
so wtf ha?.. reason it has me worried lads is because it aint easy get a Y13 gear box anymore:(..

Did you run it right up to warm? Might be when the oil gets warm and thin?

Try and get us a picture of the suspected area if you get chance

Did you run it right up to warm? Might be when the oil gets warm and thin?

Try and get us a picture of the suspected area if you get chance

ya man i did,..it seems to just look oily around 2 bolts like thats it,..would it be possible for 2 bolts to get loose on the box?..

i will try get the sisters camera in a bit and take a pic?..my blackberry is dirt?..

If its right next to the engine thats your bell housing where the clutch lives not the actual gearbox. Should be no oil in there :confused:
You could have a dodgy sump gasket leaking onto those bolts? Hard to say without looking.
Sounds daft but what does it smell like? Engine oil has a petrolish smell. Gearbox oil is like cat widdle :p

If its right next to the engine thats your bell housing where the clutch lives not the actual gearbox. Should be no oil in there :confused:
You could have a dodgy sump gasket leaking onto those bolts? Hard to say without looking.
Sounds daft but what does it smell like? Engine oil has a petrolish smell. Gearbox oil is like cat widdle :p

i will try get pics for u tomorrow buddy, cheers for ur feedback so far tho,

the gear box seals are fine, just 2 bolts joining the box to the engine seems to be the main point were looks oily its not leaking oil even bad its just 4 droplets since wendsday like,..but im the type of person who wants to catch a problem early,..

taking it to a lift tomorrow so that should give me a good over view yano,..
doesnt smell bad atall man tbh didnt smell it much,..

gear box and clutch is still sweet as a nut and i tend on keeping them that way,..im not a lad who would abuse a car so it pisses me off when sumtin small happends to a car i mind so much..

sorry for the rant:)

No worries you keep ranting. Good to hear you look after it

Ok so there's only 2 bolts holding the gearbox to the block
You've had 4 droplets through the block/ bell housing mating point... If it is coming from inside the bell housing it's likely your clutch shaft seal may be perishing? At an extreme.
Or leaking from the rocker cover... right down to the box and round. All ideas
Yea get me some pictures up :) and a few when its on the ramp.
Dont forget tp give it a good wipe before you leave just incase ;)

No worries you keep ranting. Good to hear you look after it

Ok so there's only 2 bolts holding the gearbox to the block
You've had 4 droplets through the block/ bell housing mating point... If it is coming from inside the bell housing it's likely your clutch shaft seal may be perishing? At an extreme.
Or leaking from the rocker cover... right down to the box and round. All ideas
Yea get me some pictures up :) and a few when its on the ramp.
Dont forget tp give it a good wipe before you leave just incase ;)

no thers more than 2 ha but it seems to be only oil seeping from around 2 of the total bolts,..
i hope not dude, praying its only a small prob,..:/

will do man
thanks again

Damn.. it was happen to mine so i haven't drive yet. i ain't got time to fix this micra up so right now, i am sorting out this dent, rust areas and put new body panels soon. engine will be sort it in last. :)

any updates tom?

y13 gearbox?:confused: please can you explain about this? cheers jk.

y13 is the title given to the nissan micra(march) 1.3 gear box, y13 standing for 1300cc

that ok jk,..?

na jk no ubdates yet just fitted a HID kit and all round white leds for number plates and parkers etc...
next on the list is a sunstrip and maybe few more factory extras if the jap auctions are good to me:)
i will update my blog soon dude i have been busy with exams recently:(

y13 is the title given to the nissan micra(march) 1.3 gear box, y13 standing for 1300cc

that ok jk,..?
thats just gonna be a factory code tom, my 1.0 box,s have a 7 figure build number stamped on (like the engines do) and a Z5 at the end (for the aichi factory to identify what cluster and diff ratio etc)

thats just gonna be a factory code tom, my 1.0 box,s have a 7 figure build number stamped on (like the engines do) and a Z5 at the end (for the aichi factory to identify what cluster and diff ratio etc)

fear nuff bud, but every 1.3 micra box ive seen had y13 on it,.. but maybe ur right dude,..

Back