not such a straigt swap

just brought a 1.3 engine for the old 1.0 to a 1.3 conversion and started it boxing day so gear linkage is differnt and drive shafts are differnt the 1.3 is a super a and the 1.0 is just the standerd 1.0l can i any one tell why these are differnt

just brought a 1.3 engine for the old 1.0 to a 1.3 conversion and started it boxing day so gear linkage is differnt and drive shafts are differnt the 1.3 is a super a and the 1.0 is just the standerd 1.0l can i any one tell why these are differnt

the pre 98 1.0 g/box, shafts, gearchange, x member, f/w and clutch are different (thats why i fitted the 1.3 engine ONLY to mine) :)

the pre 98 1.0 g/box, shafts, gearchange, x member, f/w and clutch are different (thats why i fitted the 1.3 engine ONLY to mine) :)

when i swapped to a 1.3 my g/box had gone, but if it was ok i would have just changed the engine. the only thing to consider is the lower ratio gears will give you better acceleration, but you will use more fuel.

it doesnt matter, you'd be best to stick with the 1.0 gearbox but remember to change the flywheel and clutch on the 1.3 engine

I had the 13 engine and box in mine then swaped the box over for a 1.ltr as where i live theres plenty of hills and banks, and for what you lose on top end it more than makes up for it on the flat and banks, if i were you i would just leave the 1.ltr box in place and as frank says just change the flywheel and clutch over easier and more straight forward. otherwise you will spend a lot more money for very little differance..

Back