Engine Swap Help Please.

I have a P reg 1996 1.0 k11, and the cam chain sounds as loose as a goose.

Before this eventually give's up the ghost, i'd like to swap it for a new engine..

You might ask (why not fit a new chain/ tensioner )..

Well, i've priced it all about and it's around £130 for all parts..
and would take me a good day to complete..

So i figure, why not spend the £130 on a 1.3 k11 lump, and Bolt it in place, will probably take me less time aswell?

So, i was wondering, if i get a 1.3 engine from the pre-coil pack (as mine is also pre-coil pack) would it be a striaght swap and drop?... will the 1.0 gearbox mate to the 1.3 ?

Or would i need todo more work then this?..

Thanks for the help in advance..

sorry if this has bin coverd before, i could only find people talking about the facelift models, and apparently the pre-facelift 1.0's have a smaller clutch or w/e ?..

so i just wanted to know the above, for that reason really.. Thanks.:laugh:

yeah the 1.3 will fit perfectly fine just use the 1litre f/w and clutch and it will just fall into place! however the ratios are different in the boxes! meaning high revving on motorways

Thanks guys, also.. what about fueling ect?..

obviously being a 1.0 it will use less then the 1.3... will i have any fueling issues or anything with the new engine?fwn

Thanks guys, also.. what about fueling ect?..

obviously being a 1.0 it will use less then the 1.3... will i have any fueling issues or anything with the new engine?fwn

the 1.0 ecu has a bit more total ignition advance dan (no big deal)
and haynes lists the final drive as 4.05:1 for the pre-face 1.0, and 3.9:1 for the 1.3 iirc, so a very slight difference
(its the facelift 1.0 that has the very low gearing/high reving, 4.46:1 iirc)

the 1.0 ecu has a bit more total ignition advance dan (no big deal)
and haynes lists the final drive as 4.05:1 for the pre-face 1.0, and 3.9:1 for the 1.3 iirc, so a very slight difference
(its the facelift 1.0 that has the very low gearing/high reving, 4.46:1 iirc)

Ha, great news.. and thanks for the help Frank.

Now then time to search for a low mileage 1.3 engine ! :D

Even if mine was the one with the low gearing, who cares if your 1.3 micra only does 90... as long as you beat all the chav's in there nova,clio,corsa,saxo, in your red shoe box with girly flower power stickers on it (From previous owner, Promise:glare:)

try get the g-box thats already attach'd to the 1.3, and under car gearbox/eng mount beam thing

Now then time to search for a low mileage 1.3 engine ! :D
Even if mine was the one with the low gearing, who cares if your 1.3 micra only does 90... as long as you beat all the chav's in there nova,clio,corsa,saxo, in your red shoe box with girly flower power stickers on it (From previous owner, Promise:glare:)

So let me get this straight, if i use the 1.0 gearbox i just need to put the 1.0 flywheel and clutch on the 1.3 engine and it will all just bolt up to the 1.0 mounts/gearbox?..

but if i want to change the gearbox i need todo all of the mentioned above?fwn

so let me get this straight, if i use the 1.0 gearbox i just need to put the 1.0 flywheel and clutch on the 1.3 engine and it will all just bolt up to the 1.0 mounts/gearbox?..

But if i want to change the gearbox i need todo all of the mentioned above?fwn

yes dan

sorry for the retarded question's, just rather look stupid then spend the money on bits i dont need :p

Im a bmw man, im not use to the jap stuff just yet :glare:

np dan, mine,s still got the little RS5F41 g/box in (the others are overengineered :p)

np dan, mine,s still got the little RS5F41 g/box in (the others are overengineered :p)

just cant be dealing with getting smoked by my friends super S all the time :p..

even know he cant drive, he still just floors it on the straights :glare:

so, i need the extra pony's, and i'd rather tune a 1.3 then a 1.0 :wasntme:

Whereabouts are you?

I have an 80k 1.3 with injectors, exhaust manifold and water pump all included at £100 if you're within collection distance of Basingstoke, Hampshire, Dan. Came from an automatic (gearbox died) so you'll need to swap over the flywheel and some of the electrics have been cut rather than disconnected.

Back