northeast k11 owners

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
how many of us are there ? How do you get your car repaired ie garage, m8s, How many members in the northeast has any mechanical skills or body work skills, who has access to what and where ie garage be it at home or at work....painting who has access to compressor spray gun who can do this work or even just paint a door or wing, bonnet. And where do you get your parts what breakers can you recomend and where. Myself without sounding arrogant do all my own stuff I dont go to garages exept for mots, I have my small garage at home that has all the gear I need to do most things even spraying.........and for parts there are only two yards in my area that I would buy from Bruntons at annfield plain and sacriston and Bells at craghead and bishop auckland.
How many people that have mechanical skills would be willing to help others here save a few quid by repairing there cars. Be it just changing brake pads and shoes to fitting discs or exhausts.........
How many memebrs have light pockets due to high labour charges at garages it has to be worth looking into, I have put this thread in the k11 section but it could go anywhere on this board and still apply k10, k12........:k11yellow

i do all the work myself..... and it shows, but its a learning process.. if i screw up, theres millions of other micras out there....

i have changed the clutch, changed the calipers, disks and pads, bled the brakes, changed the shocks and springs, changed the steering wheel, gearnob, painted the dash, fitted my own audio install, stripped the rear seats, fitted my exhaust and fliter, am soon to have the head off the engine to change the cams and i was considering doing my own turbo upgrade too, but im going NA instead. i have an open mouth grille, and an open mouth bumper now too, relocated number plate, drivers side harness, full custom nismo graphics (by me) sunstrip (by me) and wheels and tyres too, re-painted the left hand side of the car, repainted the mirrors, de bump stripped it, clolour coded the rear handle, re-fitted a super S spoiler and painted it, fitted a sunroof (repaired) and attempted to do my windows......but thats a job for the pro's

all this has set me back a pretty penny, but thats just in parts, no labour charges....

i have done (most) of me own repairs over the years. not got the use of a garage. sprayed a car 1s long time ago. not got alot of tools as they seem to have vanished over the years. on a very LOW budget thats why i bought a micra cheap to run and the do run for ever. not had the car long and i aint had a car for about 10 years as i had a company van. but the interest with cars as always been there.but willing to help anybody that needs help getting the car back on the road. ive done almost every thing to a car over the years apart from welding thats 1 thing i have never done every thing else i have had a go at. but like i say its been a while since i had a car so am a bit rusty but yes i am willing to help when i can .

Back