K11 Boot Light Question

Hi Folks,

My first post and I'd just like to thank you for a great site- it's been invaluable to the missus and myself. Last year we quit city centre life (Dublin) and bought our first home in the countryside. As a result of moving out here we needed to buy our first ever car so she could get to work. It was a 5 hour commute for her by train and bus so the little K11 cut that down to 35 minutes! In my mind our first ever car was always going to be a K11 and that's what I ended up buying for her. It's been a brilliant little purchase, full of charm and 100% reliable even in the cold of winter.

So onto my question. The boot light has never worked and today after topping up the oils I decided to have a look. The light itself is in the boot space but when I popped it off there is nothing behind it- just an empty space. Is there supposed to be something there? If it's a wiring loom how am I meant to get access to it as the 'hole' where the light fits into is quite small. I'd also just like to add that I have almost zero mechanical skills so please go easy on me!

6043407821_0cd6899429_b.jpg

Many thanks for all and any help.