Noob with throttle body woes.

Hi Micra peeps.
I've been having some major throttle body woes with my Missus's K11.
It's an 02 plate with the later Bosch TB.
Fault code P 0100 seems to be popping up regular.
I've replaced the front Lambda, and also the crank sensor..due to the fact it was
so jerky to drive..(before I realised it was the TB.)

I've had 3 refurb TB from ECU Testing...they've all been ok for a while but have all failed
after a couple of weeks.
The engine light has just come on again earlier...still driving ok, but experience tells me it'll start
running rough and stalling in a day or two.
They're guaranteed for life so I can return them, but I'm wondering if there's something else playing up before I
return the latest body to ECU..

Any pointers gratefully received.

Tony.

I think you should check the wiring of the Maf sensor first, then check that it's not getting fouled up with oil. From the vent filter.

Last edited:
Aah...now I am enlightened as to what a MAF sensor is and looks like, and where it lives.

This is a refurbished throttle body though...it's like brand new in there, in fact I think the actual
sensor might even be brand new.

It's going on the diagnostics later today, I'll report back.

Cheers. T.

Aah...now I am enlightened as to what a MAF sensor is and looks like, and where it lives.

This is a refurbished throttle body though...it's like brand new in there, in fact I think the actual
sensor might even be brand new.

It's going on the diagnostics later today, I'll report back.

Cheers. T.

Bit of a delay in replying...as I suspected though, fault code P0100 MAF sensor.
Sent the unit back and they say it's not faulty..which is kind of undermining
the results I've had from the garage.

More to follow.....

i would try an ecu full reset tony, part of the problem with the non-genuine mafs is to do with the self learn feature on the ecu,s
modern ecu,s recalibrate the sensors during the life of the engine (to account for wear etc) and sometimes need a full reset to return it back to factory spec
you can tell usually, because the longterm fuel trim figure will revert to 0%

Hello Frank....happy Xmas to you, and yours ;)
Your thread is well past the three quarter million now!!! Going to hit the big one mill next year - YO!!!!

Back