Noob With sound problems

Hi all, Names Dave,
Ok iv got a micra inspiration 1.0, t reg, dad gave it 2 me 4 passin me test 1st time :) n e who, iv a cheap and nasty HU JVC KD-S6060 and a cheap 150watt AMP SPAX spla150 and sum kenwood 6x9's KFC-6979ie.
My problem is this, im getting ticking sounds from my 6x9's when the engine is on and when i hit the gas the ticking gets quicker, now just so u know, i know nothing about cars and followed a guide on how to install my sound system.
iv run a beefy +12 fused wire from the + bat terminal to the +12 on the amp, then used a beefy earth wire from a bolt in the boot to the amp(earth about 30cms long). and the remote cable from the blue/white striped cable on the Hu wireing loom to the remote on the amp, and then hocked up the speakers.
iv moved the earth cable about 7 times and im still getting ticking. iv removed the rca from the AMP and im still getting tickin iv discommented the remote and ran a wire straght from the +12 of the batters to the +12 remote and still ticking iv bought all new cables with no luck tryed a different amp/6.9s.
pls help me cos im going mad lol.

P.S i ordered a rca loop ground thing of ebay, my mate said that it should fix the problem but if im getting ticking noises even when the rca's arnt pluged in, i dont c how its gona help.

Thanx 4 finding time to read this sob story!!!:p:laugh:

Thanx for your speedy reply, where would i get such an item and how much is it gona cost me. and should i still get that rca loop ground thing?

Thanx for all your help sonic, when i get these to item ill let ya know if its worked. just 1 question tho, y do sum ppl get noise threw ther +12 and sum dont?

please dont use txt speach, were not children and can read long words.

what you need to do is to locate the alternator, buy a 0.3 farad micro capacitor, (interferance suppressor) and fit it using the instructions to the alternator. but before you do, start the car, put some music on, listen for the tick......... then switch the amplifier to low pass filter.... and hear it dissapear.

erm... wouldn't that ticking noise be from the engine because of where you put the wires?

It mentions it in my amp manual, you shouldn't run the power leads for the amp near the speaker wires other wise when you turn on the engine, you get a ticking noise.......

the best way to set out the wiring is to put the audio cables all down the centre of the car and your power cable down the left hand side of the car as the other leads on that side are power anyway and theres the space for the fat cable

Back