Noo Owner

Hello all.

Its amazing how a quick change of direction in life, can bring you somewhere else.
What I mean is, this. I had a 94 M reg, Vauxhall/Opel Corsa Type B 1.5TD and I used to post threads at VXON. My Corsa failed its MOT last week, £300 worth of welding and Emissions failed, meant that for the £500 I bought it for and the several years I had the thing, it was time to decide, should it stay or go? A post on that forum, mentioned earlier and I was recommended I had my monies worth. Before I knew it, the local rag and 600 notes later, I bought a Micra. 1.0 liter and also on an M plate. Its had one owner, an ex copper, and done 43,??? odd miles. Its taxed till end of may and MOTed till September. Its got sparkplugs and won't run off Veg oil, and theres no Turbo thingy, thats had its boost modified and it don't go like so!(Y)

I believe its a K11, in white and her indoors says its cute. Me thinks I'm supposed to upgrade not down grade. So, now I have to buy Petrol and I have to put up with the fact, it won't launch into action like my Corsa did, but!! What can I do?
I had to borrow the £600 to buy it, and I'm skint now for a while. Can I tweak anything? Air intake etc???

Cheers and Hello from

Mike:)

Thing about a Micra is there is nothing cheap, modifications are few and far between, best value for money is throw the 1l away and fit the 1.3, easy conversion to do and can be done in a day.

1.3 Engine, Gearbox and Driveshafts can be picked up for around the £100 mark.

Take the intake pipe and separate it from the airbox which will allow air to enter faster. Cams from the 1.3 engine apparently help although I've not tried it myself. Exhaust costs more but certainly can help to get the engine breathing better, releasing a few more ponies.

Hi all, Thanks for the replies, as I said, " I had to borrow the £600 to buy it, and I'm skint now for a while. "

I understand that for any real performance would obviously be Engines and Cams etc, the reason I asked, I give 3 men from work, a lift to and from work and there are some manic hills to climb, the engine labors on hill starts. I have to drive in rush hour, and doing a hill start is a bit of a struggle. I figured something like an airbox tweak, might just help?

Mike:) The alternative, tell em to get out and walk:grinning:

Welcome to the club (Y) Theres never really any cheap quick fixes but 1.3 cams can be picked up for around 20 quid so not too expensive

Hi, "computer (with MSC loaded up)", does it come in Linux flavour?
I've done a clutch change on me old Corsa, (not the one that comes out underneath, gearbox removal-nightmare:( )
Whats involved, please?

Bear in mind that a micra and a diesel will have massively different driving styles- The diesel is torquey and lazier, whereas the micra is revvy and eager. Most power comes on over 3000rpm, uphills she'll absolutely scream (50 in 3rd) but that's the way it's designed.

Delving deeper

Hi, My main crux is that the more I drive it the more I can tell whats happening. The bite on the clutch was high, so I lowered it. This has helped dramatically. However, I can't help Laboring in second gear when I pull away, as I go up through the gears, second is a struggle to get going and the engine juddered/labors. I've put a length of drain pipe on the filter box. This helps with higher revs, perfectly. Just need to sort juddering.

Hi zanes, What I'm saying is, I pull away in 1st, change to second and thats when it labors, even if I give lots of revs in first, to keep it going while I change gear. Even downhill it labors!!

Mike :)

Back