new micra owner

Wel lads and ladies, i have a micra for about 2weeks now, bought it to do hot rod racing, its a 1.0l jap import.

My question is what mods can i do to the engine to make her go faster but kep it as a 1.0l.??

hi and welcome...tbh your never going to make a 1l fast ( i found that out). the best thing to do is to drop a 1.3 engine in and utrbo it :D i put a full exhaust system on and it went a but quicker but a 1l mate aint gonna be no drag car.

I would drop a 1.6sunny engine in to it but it has to stay as a 1.0l because the cars is being raced in junior class(1.0l) and class 1 (1.0 - 1.2) and i couldnt keep up with the 1.2s so im just looking for something to give me a chance lol

You should do a search really, what you can do has been covered loads. Check out peoples blogs for ideas too

shame you have to stick with the 1 litre theres so much more to be gained from the cg13, you can take the cams out of the 1300 engine, then its really just the all the usuall N/A stuff you would do, and strip everything out, get the dash in the bin! lol.

shes completly striped only the cage bucket seat and half the dash left inside.
had my first ever racing yesterday rolled it on the 2nd lap no damage accepect for a few dents

hi smiffy, i did some oval racing many moons ago (bangers and stox, very fond memories :cool: )
these,s a lot you can do to the 1.0, (mine was still pulling strongly at 8k+ rpm) what mods are allowed ?

if you put a turbo on it goes up in to class 5 straight away, theres only 2 class 5 racing both chevy 2.5s, i think anything else is allowed though. well if you name out mods i can always ask if there allowed or not

im thinking of putting a straight pipe(no silencers or back box) of the down pipe, will this make any differnce.? atm the exhast has been taken of at the down pipe.

Just put some cams and an exhaust in, then get it re-mapped.

However, if you've already rolled it once, maybe your driving skills need to improve before the car.

Though there is time to be gained with a faster car, there is still plenty of time to be gained with better skills!

sounds mean, get some pictures up of it. :D
the exsaust should stop any restriction which will be good for it,
a boost valve and better fule pump should help, and the cams from the cg13. :D

oh ye there was teething problems to begin with, new car to me and new track etc.. but i had most of them sorted by the end of the day.

Back