none mmicra lambda reading help

no my lambda reading is 1.267 somthing liek that and it needs to be like 1.03 i think :/ its failed twice on it now =[ ive fixed all the blows in the exhaust, and also done an oil and filter change cleaned spark plugs added redex and emmition reducer ready for tomorro but i have a feeling its ganna fail to someone said put a rag up the exhaust, others have said redex and rag the tits off it :/ i have no idea what to do next and mot retest is tomorro :/

yeah ive had to borrow my mates maf coz mines broken =[ :mad: haha, with out the maf its ganna run rich ? yes? so what do u recomend?

you need to check that its closed looping @ fast idle leon (lambda sensor voltage readings) else you,re gonna keep failing the emissions test

may i ask how todo that? is it possable to do it in the p++sing down rain at liek 9am? :/ haha mot booked for 9:30 :/ is there anyway i can do just a quick fix for mot? then get it sorted? coz im overhaling everything after mot anyway

best bet leon is to swap the maf's, make sure you exhaust isn't leaking, rag the **** out of it before the mot and pray it goes through

i dont have the cash for a new lambda :(, and whats a dowsing rod? haha :/what if i borrowed a mates labda?

Buy a used working lambda? ...hmm if you dont have the cash to maintain car then you really cant have a car ;)

And sure you can borrow mates lamb´if he´s willing :)

i can maintain the car but funds are tight after the crash injury coursing lack of work mean less pay :(, just for a few weeks s'all, just need it passed as insurence is just being wasted haha damp cloth up the exhaust work??

leon said:
i can maintain the car but funds are tight after the crash injury coursing lack of work mean less pay :(, just for a few weeks s'all, just need it passed as insurence is just being wasted haha damp cloth up the exhaust work??

Doubt it as there's nothing actively reducing emissions with a damp cloth.

If I were you I'd ring tomorrow and ask to rebook your test. Gives you a few days to sort this out rather than going in knowing its going to fail.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

Back