Please help with lambda sensors

Hi everyone so I have a Nissan micra sport plus 2006 1.2 and the engine management light is on.
I had it hooked up to obd2 and it came up with a fault code P0132 bank 1 sensor 1 high voltage.
So I have been advised to change the front lambda sensor and it would cost me around £150 ... now in know it's not much but it's cheaper to do it myself .
What I needed to ask is where exactly the sensor is located coz when I open the bonett I can see a sensor deep in sort of half way down the engine . Is that the bank 1 sensor 1 or would I have to get underneath the car ?

Hi everyone so I have a Nissan micra sport plus 2006 1.2 and the engine management light is on.
I had it hooked up to obd2 and it came up with a fault code P0132 bank 1 sensor 1 high voltage.
So I have been advised to change the front lambda sensor and it would cost me around £150 ... now in know it's not much but it's cheaper to do it myself .
What I needed to ask is where exactly the sensor is located coz when I open the bonett I can see a sensor deep in sort of half way down the engine . Is that the bank 1 sensor 1 or would I have to get underneath the car ?

DTC P0132 Assess/Investigate/Diagnose Before Replacing Parts

The simplest thing to do is to reset the code and see if it comes back.

If the code comes back, the problem is more than likely the front Bank 1 oxygen sensor. That is the first wired O2 sensor found in the exhaust down pipe after the exhaust manifold. You will likely wind up replacing it but you should also consider these possible solutions before changing parts without investigating alternatives:

1. Check for wiring problems (shorted, frayed wires & open circuit pin out connector connections).

2. Shorted O2 sensor heater resistance and heater supply voltage.

3. Check battery/alternator charging volts.

4. Check the voltage output switching of the oxygen sensor.

Reference: https://www.yourmechanic.com/articl...2-sensor-circuit-high-voltage-bank-1-sensor-1

As always do your own research to investigate, assess and test all viable possibilities for productive efficient minimal cost fault finding.

Good luck

Last edited:
DTC P0132 Assess/Investigate/Diagnose Before Replacing Parts

The simplest thing to do is to reset the code and see if it comes back.
If the code comes back, the problem is more than likely the front Bank 1 oxygen sensor. That is the first wired O2 sensor found in the exhaust down pipe after the exhaust manifold. You will likely wind up replacing it but you should also consider these possible solutions before changing parts without investigating alternatives:

1. Check for wiring problems (shorted, frayed wires & open circuit pin out connector connections)?

2. Shorted O2 sensor heater and its power supply voltage?

3. Check battery/alternator charging volts?

4. Check the voltage output switching of the oxygen sensor?

Reference: https://www.yourmechanic.com/articl...2-sensor-circuit-high-voltage-bank-1-sensor-1

As always do your own research to investigate, assess and test all viable possibilities for productive efficient minimal cost fault finding.

Good luck

Last edited:
Thank you .
So my mechanic changed the sensor for a new one and it hasn't giced it so he apparently took it apart and had a look for any air leaks but couldn't find any .. the wiring looks good as well ... so he thinks it might be the Ecu not reading correctly. .. could this be right ?
And from time to time the car revs on its own I'll have it in neutral with my hand brake on but the needle jumps up and down on number 1 and my feet off the pedals ... could this be connected ?

Thanks again .

Back