Noisey timing chain.

right i have a bit of a noisey timing chain is there anything that i can do like a quick cure? insted of buyin a new one?

it's really noisey when cold but when warms up dies down.

thanks for the help.

Grant

yeah, my mechanic has owned his own garage for thirty years and has only had 3 snap that hes knows of. when it does go though, catastrophy!!!!! either sell your micra or put a new engine in coz repairing it isnt cost effective.

59 bhp is more than enough said:
yeah, my mechanic has owned his own garage for thirty years and has only had 3 snap that hes knows of. when it does go though, catastrophy!!!!! either sell your micra or put a new engine in coz repairing it isnt cost effective.
Good job I have a spare engine then...

My car was "voted" Most noisy camchain rattle at the Midlands meet in Jan, and it's gotten worse since then :eek:

As long as the gearbox is fine you're only have to oay for a block, Dusk's SR had a bad timing chain so was alot cheaper to rent and engine crane and change the block

I'm hoping mine goes the distance though... Ideally I want all the mods fitted to the spare before it gets dropped in ;)

is this a hard job to do? been wanting to do mine as its ment to be done after 100k from what ive been told but i dont know anything about the engine to do it myself.

Back