No Spark!!!

CMF_Jinks

» CMF Member
Hi all,
I have a 94/95 micra which is not starting. Fuel pump is running and injectors are switching.
There is no supply to the coil with the ignition on with the coil conneted, if I disconnect the coil multiplug, there is a 4.8v supply to the coil.
All the wiring diagrams I have seen show the supply coming direct from the ignition switch through a white and green wire. On this one the supply wire is red and green and I have traced it back to coming direct from the ecu. I have tried another ecu on it but exactly the same symptoms.
There in no immobiliser on this car.
Has any one got or know where I can get a wiring diagram for this model? it would be greatly appreciated, or has anyone had the same problem?
Thanks in advance,
Jinks.

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Try solving it by elimination

You've done a bit so far but think more along the lines of what can physically go wrong.

Whats the condition of the coil? Try a new/another one and see if that solves it to eliminate the actual coil. Sounds to me like this is a high probability as there is power at the coil.

Other than that check the HT leads and plugs too, never know. Might as well change them while you're at it in the meantime.

Hope you sort it out

Sean

Back