No spare tyre = MOT Fail ?

paddymarsden

Iggy Iggy oooooooooo
Hi Guys

got my MOT on friday and i was wondering if they fail you on not having a spare wheel or if you do have on and its inaccessible ? Ive got a boot build in there you see and no spare at the moment. I dont think its part of the test buts its nice to confirm it, i tried a search but didnt find anything.

cheers ma dears !

Q: There's no room in my car for a spare tyre so I do not carry one. MOT fail?

A: The spare tyre and wheel are not included in the list of testable items. The tester may advise that it is 'missing'.

taken from getinlane.com

Havent had one for 2 years paddy. Also a lot of new cars dont have spares either

kool, moved it too tomorrow now, i cant believe i have to pay 50 english pounds for some freckled face 17 year old apprentace for checking if my car (which is only 3 years and 2 months old) is safe

ahhhh well the worlds a big rip off

£50?.... where dya get it mot'd?

ive got mine done for £30.....

you need to shop arround matey, £50 is the most expensive i have seen in a while..

yep, clio for instant. puncture foam instead.

Lol who ever thought of that idear needs shooting....what happens when you dint the wheel and ya cant pump it up...pfft AA call

The worst idear ive seen up to now tho....Ona honda Civic typeR the spare doesnt fit on the front because of the mahOOsive calipers and its a wheel barrow wheel....so you need to take the rear wheel of put the spare on there then swap that for the nackerd one...LoL :sleepy:

or the porsche 911 which has a space saver, but no-where to put the full size wheel when you do get a pucture.

yep, clio for instant. puncture foam instead.

I have that stuff, but i dont actually keep a jack or wheel tools in my car! So completely pointless owning it really.

I think you need to put the puncture at the bottom, then stick the stuff in - How you tell where the puncture is anyway i dont know! - It's alot more hassle than just changing the wheel over.

Back