NO GRIPPP!! :(

sure u all no by now that ive lowered my car blah blah sure been enough threds on it :p haha
butt!! since then i have no grip on the front :'( im using matiz front shocks n springs with the purch droped for 80mm drop and i cant not for the life of me figure out why i have loss of grip :'( if you can then please help :'( scared the **** out of me =[ (for the record i wasing speeding :p) haahah just wanted to try out my newly found handling on a roundabout and bammmm nothing :'( before it was lowered it was nice at handling just wabbled :p so yeah if you can help please do! :)

cheers

How fast we're you going round the roundabout? I've hit a roundabout a 50 and not lost grip (it's in the middle of a bypass) that's on ditch finders

no sorting tracking ana tomorro as garages was closed as bank holiday would tracking really mess up my grip? :/ and im useing std 13"steels with 155/7O tyres waiting for new wheels ineh :/

1. yes was wet, 2. cheepish tyres ;) 3. tyres aint bold :p 4. i can drive ;)haha 5.i was taking a grate line in to corna just was nothing :'(

well wet and cheap tyres dont go together haha, mine is understeers glore in the wet lol so i dont even bother going fast into corners :p

Before I got my new wheels I threw some part worn 165/65/13 tyres on instead of the 155/70/13 on the Micra steelies.
Surprisingly for cheap tyres they gripped better in the dry (a little) and much better in the wet, not "fast" but safe.

I paid a tenner a corner part worn, they were Ceat Spider's iirc

uniroyal's are good.

also tbh i didnt think nankang's where bad in the dry just made alot of noise but didnt seem to loose grip.

erm, veriderstiens are really good tyres! (if thats how you spell it)

my car is no good in the wet either leon corners and roundabouts are disliked in the wet , ive spunout on a roundabout before :/ the back end just goes, but i dont know if this is due to lowering or not as i didnt have the car long before i lowered it

this wasnt fun tho i ended up stopped facing the centre of the roundabout with a car coming down the carrigway

Haha speaking of spinning, K11s love getting the back end out in the wet... Little bit of lift-off oversteer is always a bit of a giggle (on private roads of course, what are we, savages?)

my car is no good in the wet either leon corners and roundabouts are disliked in the wet , ive spunout on a roundabout before :/ the back end just goes, but i dont know if this is due to lowering or not as i didnt have the car long before i lowered it

I was gonna say I've gone round tight roundabouts at 15 in the wet not lowered, relativly new pirelli's and just had it slide around, got me a talking to by the old po po but i actually couldnt do anyting but drop it in first and boot it, got grip shift to thirdand pull round the bend off the roundy, sketchy was the word, I was hoping stiffer sus might supply more downforce on the tyres help them keep grip a wee bit, maybe i'll look into the bushes etc see what swopping about does :p

I've never had a problem with the back end stepping out :confused: think you lot need wider tyres :)

Me either but you've set your car up a specific way for a specific task, (within reason), Paul ;)

The tendency towards excessive lowering for looks on narrow tires will dial in all sorts of unpredictable handling gremlins. Such modifications certainly don't promote balanced, predictable handling that's for sure. Track photos show some pretty mad weight transfer and body roll compared to some of the more setup cars I have seen. Still, one can argue that such points are not really an issue on the road, where one is supposed to be driving within set standards and speeds of course :p

As said by others, you can't just slam the car and expect it to handle the same. Body roll plays quite a big part in going round corners and taking the forces involved, but if it's alot stiffer and less room to move, then the car itself will move. Panhard rod is necessary when lowering the car that much, plus bigger wheels and tyres etc is always a bonus. You lose the option to put larger wheels on though if you slam it too much as they'll rub

ive dropped the car like 80mm all around i dont want bigger wheels i wanna stick with 13'' but im looking at banded steels :)

ive dropped the car like 80mm all around i dont want bigger wheels i wanna stick with 13'' but im looking at banded steels :)

Compromised handling to a degree is something you'll just have to live with really with that level of drop, as the remedial work required to get things back within a sensible envelope will likely prove prohibitively expensive. On a road car however, this should only prove problematic where ground clearance is concerned.

i have been looking into ball joint extenders and compbrake track rod ends, but then i thought balls to it, im not going on the track anytime, aslong as the brakes work and it steers im happy, im not a speeder anyway.

i have been looking into ball joint extenders and compbrake track rod ends, but then i thought balls to it, im not going on the track anytime, aslong as the brakes work and it steers im happy, im not a speeder anyway.

Good job too, most ball joint extenders are crap and are consequentially a waste of money.

turned out the car handled like a b***h last night on a dry (test track ;) ) it felt better feeling confident in the car :)

Back