Total loss of power, no response from accelerator

Hi all, whilst my daughter was driving her micra , a 1.2s 2004 model, she has twice encountered a loss of power. There is absolutely no response from the accelerator at all, she said the engine didn't cut out as her speedo was still working. She then turned engine off and after a couple of minutes the car would start no problem and drive absolutly fine. No problems on starting from cold. Car only done 38000 miles, I've had it checked for fault codes and it comes up cam position sensor bank 1. Also I've looked on dashboard lights and there is no engine management light at all coming on when the key is first turned.
I've been advised that it's probably a throttle body problem and not a stretched timing chain because a stretched chain would cause bad or erratic running conditions and it would have problems starting with the cam and crank being out of alignment.
Any help please as my daughter needs the car for uni and travelling up and down the motorway with a car that can lose all power in an instant is a recipe for disaster

Back