no boost after changing clutch.....booooo

CMF_justo

» CMF Member
So I just got White Knight back with a new clutch in it. Clutch is great.

Only problem is, I now have no boost.

Can anyone think of anything I can check that could have been screwed up in the process of changing a clutch?

Im taking it back on monday to let them have a look, but thought if I can figure it out over the weekend it'll give me something to do

CMF_justo

» CMF Member
I know bugger all about the car...sorry.

Supercharger working on the clutch??? How does that work? The mechanic mentioned something about that maybe being the case.

There's no switch for the supercharger. Belts look alright.

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
Nar its getting sold to me first bahahaha.
I had a look over it yesterday and its got me stuffed. The drive belt is fine with no slipping. All the pipes look fine and theres no sound of leaks when you rev it and for it to lose all boost like this you would think it would be leaking like hell under boost and hear something.
Being a mechanical driven part I would not think its related to a problem with the computer at all or the car itself would not be running or running like a pig. I read that the SC on the mr2 had a electo clutch fitted so it was not under boost driving a normal speeds or would cut out if the boost got over 8psi but didnt daved have a custom larger pully fitted which I dont think used the clutch set up?

CMF_justo

» CMF Member
Fixed the problem. micra_king found (another) loose wire.

I had it tested thanks to another friend and it was showing voltage.

Took it back to the people that did the clutch and they knew where it went (to the starter motor).

Had a blast driving White Knight this evening....until the starter motor started having problems starting :p it never ends.....

Back