Clutch and head gasket question

CMF_justo

» CMF Member
Hey guys, need a bit of advice regarding the White Knight micra as seen on this site.

1. Can anyone recommend a replacement clutch for me? I would prefer a non-puck clutch as it really doesn't suit my daily driving needs. But at the same time, it needs to be able to handle the torque of the car :p

2. Also, I've been told the head gasket needs to be replaced. Does anyone know where I can find out the bolt torque specifications required?

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Easy.

You want a LUK or Excedy Heavy Duty clutch cover (spring plate) and a LUK or Excedy clutch plate (centre friction bit). You want it to be sprung, and you want it to be organic.

It'll be heavy because you need lots of pressure to stop an organic from slipping in a situation where you really need a brass/carbon/ceramic puck clutch, though.

CMF_justo

» CMF Member
Yom - Cheers. I had a look at the Exedy site and I am confused. Sorry, I don't normally buy performance parts so I got no idea what I'm looking for. Any chance of some linkage to a particular one you are talking about? Where do I buy this stuff from?

frank2 - Thanks a lot. Am I to understand correctly that that means I

- tighten all bolts to 39nm
- then go and continue to tighten them to 78nm
- then undo all of them
- then tighten them all to 35nm
- then turn them 60deg more?

(sorry, soooo not a car guy)

Back