Nissan sends us all home!

i wish i had the money to help mate, hope Nissan won't do a honda.

hey all because of the american house crashes we all are in fear for our jobs :( cheers for the support tho buddy :D

Damn, sorry to hear that buddy...is this the first time?
Hope things start to look up...

well if the recession happens to hit as bad as they say in the 1930's everyone in the uk will be out of a job , and the goverment are trying to push no dole to people who havent got/who arent trying to get a job ect what is the goverment thinking when their is no jobs to replace them with?come on goverment sort your heads out! their have been a string of things that nissan have tried before this now the temps fear for their jobs :down:

Seems to be everywhere at the moment, if out of of a Job you could look at it as a long-er holiday than everyone else i spose.

Millions of Europeans took our Jobs due to the laziness of this country and a large majority of those on the Dole would probably be Europeanist anyway.

when you go by the dole office in sunderland there is always a loads of chavs standing outside lol makes me laugh like they are keen to get a job !but not... lol

damn sorry to hear about that, again wish i could help but i cant afford a qashqai much as i want one, and yes i know about the dole office in sunderland i used to work for em lol.

bummer mate, i'd start looking for something else before that ship sinks. Not sure how bad things will get but can't hurt to keep an eye open before everyone else does the same

its not easy. been applying for jobs for a month now. nothing. not a dicky bird. and ive been applying for everything from assistant bank manager to fish docks labourer.

it is all down the margaret thatcher, selling everything off. we now have nothing to sell. this country cant make any money. i mean if you were to split up the world and each country was a person. america is a skilled workman with no qualifications, but can make anything you want. china does the same but cheaper, germany is the exquisite watch maker / jewelery maker. france is the farmer / chef. and we are the shop keeper. once we have nothing to sell... we go out of busines. simple.

Hmm I have to say this is not good, but my other thoughts are also I hate it how people expect the government to bail out all these huge companies in times like this. I just don't think that's right. Offer assistance yes, but (and although it has not happened) you cant just bail out failing businesses left right and centre, it just creates more problems long term.

I have to say however the Renault/Nissan partnership is pretty solid. More so than most others.

i half agree there mate ,the americans should bail us all out because of their stupidity, i think the goverment has spent well enough trying to bail out the uk , the problem lies with people not buying cars fearing a recession causing the recession ect the media are a big factor with the recession i blame them mostly as if it wasnt for them we wouldnt be in this mess, thats my own personal thoughts tho

Antony: Mc donalds are always hiring...Audi managers can earn upto £48,000 a year..try there!

We've got people going at our place...due to the goverment cutting bugets for fighter jets etc

Sorry to hear you job is at risk. Probably wasn't a big surprise given Ford/GM/Daimler are looking close to going bust. I wouldn't worry too much about this recession. We are not doing too badly at all. Things will look bad compared to the last 8 years of good times. They won't look bad compared to the 70's.

Is it possible that large companies are using the recession as an excuse to cut staff and save money?

Its a good managerial decision really isn't it? If you are worried about the future, you start getting serious about reducing costs. That way you give yourself the best chance either way.

Is it possible that large companies are using the recession as an excuse to cut staff and save money?

Yep, as our company made £32 billion in profit last year, and this year its only gonna make £17 billion...OMG we've lost so much money, sack everyone as £17 billion isnt enough!!

####ers

Makes you think, would there even be a recession if the media hadnt started all this?? would anyone no any different? the media crie recession and everyone stops spending? maybe companies never where in trouble and are using the whole "recession" thats been pushed by the media to up the prices of inelastic products like fuel and food! bp have made RECORD profits this year, as has sainsbury's tescos? makes ya think aye.

Back