NISSAN ALMERA N15 1995-2000 1.4 AIR FILTER BOX

Hello to all !!!

Does someone knows where to find the Nissan Almera N15 Filter box ?

I try to all e bay an internet and ... nothing ...

Thanks

They are like gold at the moment just keep trawling the Internet or scrappies you might get lucky mind you I just bought another here's one fitted to my 2002 1.4SE! B-)
1457376748405.jpg

They are now very difficult to find George, I've only found 1 in two years buddy.
They come off the first generation Almeras, pre 2001-2 and there are not a lot left anymore.
The scrap yards crush them generally on the day they come in, as no-one wants them anymore.
You almost have to be there on the day they arrive to save them.
I have been reading up on them, there are only 163 GTi's left registered, so that's how rare they're becoming.

They are now very difficult to find George, I've only found 1 in two years buddy.
They come off the first generation Almeras, pre 2001-2 and there are not a lot left anymore.
The scrap yards crush them generally on the day they come in, as no-one wants them anymore.
You almost have to be there on the day they arrive to save them.
I have been reading up on them, there are only 163 GTi's left registered, so that's how rare they're becoming.
Thats why i cant find anything on the internet. I spoke with a scrappy yard here in Cyprus and he said to me that he have 3 pcs !!!
The Yard is about 80 km far from me town (Limassol) and i will go tomorrow. If its the same that i want i will took them all !!!

Thats why i cant find anything on the internet. I spoke with a scrappy yard here in Cyprus and he said to me that he have 3 pcs !!!
The Yard is about 80 km far from me town (Limassol) and i will go tomorrow. If its the same that i want i will took them all !!!
Make sure they are pre 2002 George, the later ones are no good.
Also get the inlet pipe with the box, and then cut to fit your flexi pipe.

Davyboy - you got any inlet pipes for these boxes? I've just got a gash bit of generic tube at the moment & would prefer a more standard look. Cheers!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

I found it !!!!

I put it in my car But..

The problem is that regarding your pictures here in the forum the pipe goes to the right side back of the headlight or down to the grills.
My car has the mechanism of the ABS there and the AC pipe :(

I put the air box with his factory pipe and the pipe ends behind the battery

I dint notice any difference in sound and power
Today i will change the filter because wasn't in good shape

By night i will update with pictures also :)

Thanks

I My piping is not as neat and tidy as Agent_Sm1th's lol! B-)
1458584896548.jpg
1458584930054.jpg
1458584961379.jpg

Attachments

• 1458585043566.jpg
    1458585043566.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 1,325
  • 1458585044696.jpg
    1458585044696.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 370
George can you take some more pics from different angles of the problem with the ABS unit in relation to the air inlet pipe to the airbox and do you mean the yellow oil pipe off the rocker cover? I blanked off the inlet to the pvc filter inside the airbox and removed the pipe off the rocker cover and replaced it with a small cone filter!

George can you take some more pics from different angles of the problem with the ABS unit in relation to the air inlet pipe to the airbox and do you mean the yellow oil pipe off the rocker cover? I blanked off the inlet to the pvc filter inside the airbox and removed the pipe off the rocker cover and replaced it with a small cone filter!
My friend Andy
I cant take it off to put small cone filter.
I try but because is plastic im afrait that im going to break it.

Attachments

• 20160321_181750.jpg
    20160321_181750.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 393
  • 20160321_181758.jpg
    20160321_181758.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 450
George because your engine is not a coil pack like agent_Sm1th or mine your rocker cover breather pipe is at a right angle like in davy's picture. My rocker cover's breather pipe is straight so easy to put a cone filter on. Because your rocker cover is plastic in theory you could cut the bend off the breather pipe to make it straight and then clamp on a cone filter, or buy the clean rocker cover off davyboy and cut the bend off that one and keep the plastic rocker cover what do you think davyboy mate?

Take it slowly mate I still have not finished mine still have to make a bracket up to attach the Almera airbox to the engine. All you need is a plastic bend attached to the rocker cover breather pipe and you could attach the cone filter to that and I am sure you could route the inlet air pipe over or around the ABS unit and under the coolant reservoir bottle to the back of the head light! :) The Almera airbox fitted with a Pipercross performance air filter will make a difference! B-)
I will take a look at my March Cabriolet engine bay which also has a ABS unit and work out what can be done! B-)

Hello to all
I want to share my test with you guys
I do a lot of drag race in my life so i want to test the almera air box results in my engine compare to my brothers micra

Last night i do a drag race with my brother. just to figure out the gain of my almera air box.
Last week (before the almera air box ) we do the same and i was in front about one car..
Last night (with the almera air box) quess what ...? i was half of a car behind !!
We run 3 times with 3 different ways 2nd gear until 4th 1st gear until 3rd and 3rd gear from low rpm
My results says that the almera air box did not give me even 1 hp. i had the opposite results !!!!
I will put again the factory air box today back and proceed with the same test
Updates loading.....

Thanks

IMHO I experienced a lot better pick-up and more responsive through the lower gears and a deep growling induction noise but I did fit a Pipercross performance air filter! B-)

Update guys !
I put back the Factory air box and on my brothers car put the Almera air box
Our results show that Almera Air box decrease a little of our hp on both cars
Maybe because both are 1.0 engines
Maybe because we did not put the pipe for the cold air up to the front of the cars
Maybe the cars are JDM specs
Maybe we do something wrong

That is our result

check that your lambda goes to .9v like this when booted george, i often had problems with leaning out after fitting mods on mine (and ended up with less power than before)

Hmm
how do you connect the multi meter in order to get those numbers ?
My lambda sensor has only one wire !

that wire and an earth mate, and you may need to disconnect the speed sensor wire to get it to run open loop in 3rd, 4th and 5th

that wire and an earth mate, and you may need to disconnect the speed sensor wire to get it to run open loop in 3rd, 4th and 5th
The first part i get it
The second part not (disconnect the speed sensor wire to get it to run open loop in 3rd, 4th and 5th)
I just unplug the speed wire ? do i had to do something else ?

Back