Nissan Almera GTi

daddyjay

Ex. Club Member
i need a Nissan Almera GTi ...full car.... it dose not have to have mot or tax . i just need it for bits for an engine conversion.it can have a rear end smash as long as the engine bay is in good working condition for what i have planned.
could do with finding one for under 300quid.anybody knows where i can get one or if anyone is selling one i would be greatful if you would contact me.
need to have this done soonish as been offered full help by a mechanic .

thanks jay.

no it has to be a 2.0L i have bin looking for about 1 month now and i am a bit sick off looking so i put this thread up so msc so people could help me look i thought it might speed the proscess up.

as long as it the same engine as the Almera GTi then yes they would be fine ..................... are they the same engine????????

could some one put wont nissan this engine( SR20DE) is in(almera gti )
(primera gt) .......... is that it or is it in ot else ?

hi daddyjay, i know of someone who has one for sale...actually he's just bought it about a month ago.I think it's an ordinary Almera...i'll go check.

*Edited*

Well i've checked it out and it's not an Almera it's a Primera. hasn't got a price but it's on the South coast of dorset so a bit of a trek.....

good luck in finding one though (Y)

yup its the GTIR which is 4wd and is also turbo - sr20det. so you have to modify to make it fw drive

yup its the GTIR which is 4wd and is also turbo - sr20det. so you have to modify to make it fw drive

or just a sunny gti n/a it has the sr20de, i know a lad who just sold one for 175 quid, needed a new shell so wud of been ideal, bit late now like!!

i thought the sunny gti was just a ga16de for some reason lol, if its the sr20 it will be the same as the almera gti, both front wheel drive....if you want a cheap conversion the front wheel drive sr20's are the way to go...but if you want expensive GTIR sr20 or even 200sx rear wheel drive! altough you would need to sorten the rear axle etc and you would have trouble with the gear box etc, as it is rear wheel drive the comes into the cabin and not in the engine bay as the engine beeing the opisite way around lol but iam just talking silly here lol

daddyjay whats your budget?

Dan - I've got 3 GTis at the moment!

lol i thought you had two, gizmo and red? and you need gizmo :p

No, in N and B-chassis nissans the GTi is always 1.8l or more. GA engined ones are ones like SRi, Si, SR etc...

There was a JDM 1.8 GTi for sale on AOC for £400 not long ago.

I bought my working UKDM 2.0 GTi for £535 off ebay.

Got 2 non-runners for £150 each, one for a rebuild and one for parts.

Then I've got my rusted out old SRi in 'working' condition.

300quid ish 4 the car ......... it dont have to have mot or ot like that as long as the engine is in good condition

No it didnt. S bodies always have CA or SR series engines.

The american 200sx/sentra was a B body and yes came with GA16, SR20.

Basically, out of what you are likely to find in a scrappie in the UK:

RWD:
200sx/Silvia/180SX - SR20 or CA18 BUT the SR20s are completely different to FWD ones.
FWD:
Pulsar/Sunny/Almera (Pulsar is just the JDM name)
N15/N14 - GTi models have SR20
Primera
P10/P11/P11-144 - GT/eGT models and some SR/SRi models have SR20

SR20 engine in any car will do as long as it works
yes i have method of towing got a tow bar on my zafira but no trailer but saying
that i think i can get a car trailer if i need one........................

have you tried autotrader at all mate? me and me mate from the meet couldn't get you that one we was talking about but will keep an eye out for you. as you can imagine i know some shady characters lol
Tredder

If you could get a Phase 2 for under £900 you could make quite a bit back selling parts on it and keep the good stuff :)

I dont think so? Needs a darn great big 'On tow' sign and a proper towboard though. I never got any hassle for towing, and I cant remembe the DVLA stating anything about it on their website.

You do, however, need to have the correct licence. I think if you took your test before 1997 then you automatically are cleared to tow, BUT after 1997 you have to have another section for towing which you need to take a test for.

Whoops, well I've done it once and probs will do again. Dont see why it needs tax, MoT I can understand as it proves it is roadworthy, but tax for a towed journey is ridiculous.

have you tried autotrader at all mate? me and me mate from the meet couldn't get you that one we was talking about but will keep an eye out for you. as you can imagine i know some shady characters lol
Tredder

thank mate ..........yes bin looking in admag and autotrader and ebay but still no look

any 1 .....................it doing my head in looking 4 1 now i have bin looking 4 about 1 mouth now...................... i thought i had a NISSAN PRIMERA SE.2.0l but was out bid at 480 on ebay

I dont think so? Needs a darn great big 'On tow' sign and a proper towboard though. I never got any hassle for towing, and I cant remembe the DVLA stating anything about it on their website.

You do, however, need to have the correct licence. I think if you took your test before 1997 then you automatically are cleared to tow, BUT after 1997 you have to have another section for towing which you need to take a test for.

Not strictly true, you can tow a vehicle w/out MOT/tax/insurance if it is trailored or dolleyed. You will also need to display the number plated of the towing vehicle and also a clear "on tow" sign.

Also, with regards to those of us who have a post '97 license, you can tow. What you need to take the towing test for is if you are towing a vehicle and the combined weight of the towing vehicle and max loaded weight of the trailer is sub 3,500 kg's. Also the max loaded weight of the trailor cannot be greater than the 'wet' weight of the towing vehicle as displayed on the VIN plate.

Example: My car has a 'wet' weight of 1,500kg's, therefore the max that I can legally tow with my post '97 license is a trailor that can have a maximum loaded weight of up to 1,500kg's (the weight of my car).

Alternately, if my car weights 2,000kg's then the maximum weight of the trailor can be 1,500 kg's (3,500 kg total combined weight of trailor and towing vehicle).

All this info is on the DVLA website, you just have to look for it as, like all government websites, it is conusing and hard to find what you actually want.

HTH, Craig

stop the Search i have got one yay................... it is 2.0l nissan primera gt

i will up date on sat on my blog thanks for looking

Nice one mate sorry about the almera it was up for auction near where i work and somebody just bought it outright before you got a chance lol

DSC00166.JPG

DSC00167.JPG

Back