Night shift

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
I start my new job tonight, the hours are 22:30 to 07:00, I've never worked a night shift before anyone got any advice, best time to catch up on sleep etc?

thnx

i work 3 shifts days lates and nights fella what days are you working as i work from sunda night till fri morning i catch up my sleep by stoping up all day on the friday after i finnish work and then go to bed at like 10 or 11 fri night wake up sat refreshed if you start to feel tired just try and push through it mate thats all i do or drink lots of relentless

I'm gunna be working mon, thurs, fri, sat, sun. the money is pretty good, that's the only reason i'm doin it.

i work nights, you will find it hard first but you wil get use to it, best is to get enough sleep as you can, good luck and enjoy.

It's shelf stacking in the frozen section at tesco. I chose that section cos I thought the cold might keep me awake lol. I'm just thinking of the money right now

Try and have a nap on afternoon of your first night, the first night of the week is the hardest (been working nights for 5 years) also if you can, on your last night try and stay up as long as you can when you get home otherwise you will stay on a daytime sleeping pattern on your days off. (not too bad if your a big clubber lol)

Woah 5 years, that's a long time lol, I'm happy I only have a 14 week contract.

I was thinking the first night will be the worst, at least I can sleep all day, I just feel sorry for whoever tries to wake me up too early. The shifts aren't that long compared to what i used to do at McDonalds

My mate replenishes the freezer section in tesco nights like, lol youll appreciate the money! I wish i took the opportunity up to work with him a while back when there were vacancies, he says it sucks ass but i would be so much better off financially if i did that for a bit, just think its not forever lol.

Nah I think I'll stick to my job once all the patients are in bed at 1am thats me pretty much done for the night, hard work up until then but after that we just chill out watch dvd's and surf the net. Its a hard life lol :laugh:

The only problem I had with night shifts was getting sleep during the day. Loads of road noise, dogs barking etc... Used to get really peaved when I got woken up every few hours.

I'm between 2 army bases so I have planes etc flying over very low all day so get woken up frequently
I used to do level design, to build my portfolio, for an America independent (and free) game developer so I'd have work on an American clock. One way I found to stay asleep, is to learn to sleep with music on in a pair of noise canceling headphones. Put something on and give it a shot, I'd stay sound asleep till I woke up.

Back