A seriouse chat about mental health and cannabis....

R05_Micra

Ex. Club Member
*** IM SORRY IF THIS TREAD IS INAPPROPRIATE, BUT I FEEL YOU GUYS CAN HELP!***

***MOD's IM SORRY IF THIS THREAD IS WRONG AND I WILL UNDERSTAND IF ITS DELTED, THANK YOU!***

now, the last few months (from 3rd march 07) ive been constatly worried about allsorts. now i KNOW some people on here use dope, now what i want to know is this.....

i had quite abit one night(3/3/07). ive never done drugs before till then, but that night i had space cakes with "enough to put a hourse down" in, i took it really bad. i was tired at the time and couldnt be arsed. but about an hour after it, i got really scared, i felt so weird, i cant describe it. heart racing, didnt know what was going on etc, i even rang 999 3 times........ i was...monged.

ever since ive been scared of having every condition/dieses i read about and the treat of a imminate heart attack. its really scary, its ruining me. now i no nothing about dope & meental health but they ARE linked, such as anxity,strees,depretion, it goes on.

anyone know anythi ng about how i felt or the link with mental health? ive turned here because i really dont want counciling etc and im looking for other ways.

again i am sorry about this thread but i really want help in other ways, cheers for respecting that and any help is grateful......

thanks again, Lee.

mate if its your first time with this stuff then you will be fine. only a rare few suffer perminent effects from canabis and that usually takes constant abuse. if you have had alot and never had it before then the effects are going to be powerful and last for a while. but they will wear off.

if you have quite a weak immune system or low blood sugar or low blood pressure then you will probably be effected more than other people. but again it should all be short term.

but i don't recommend you do it again, it is often refered to as a soft drug with no ill effects yet i have seen it have some VERY bad effects on people who take it alot. i gave all that up years ago after i nearly killed myself... thats usually a good sign that you are taking too much lol... now i dont even drink or anything like that and i am more happy than i ever was with that crap...

just be somewhere safe, with people you know, drink lots, eat stuff with sugar and get it out of your system and you will be fine :D

Don't use dope man, I did once, I was so messed up after, never again!
Since then I barely drink, don't smoke or be around those who do.

See a Doctor, it's always confidential.

cheers guys, i fell better now :D, nex, its been like 3month, how long does it take lol, i think about it everyday so mebe something to do to take my mind off, holiday, hobbie etc? have you got msn, you seem gemmed up lol add me, [email protected] cheers dude! (Y)

I smoked a lot of dope when I was a kid, I had a bad experience like you and haven't touched it since, I understand you are scared but there aren't really any serious effects as you only did it once. Obviously it didn't agree with you so don't do it again.
It aint a very strong drug so it takes a lot for any ill effects.

Cannabis stays in your system for 2 months, you can flush it in 6 weeks if you drink lots of water.

It aint a very strong drug so it takes a lot for any ill effects.

It depends on what strain of cannabis it was, there are several types of 'skunk' and 'super skunk' that are extremely potent, so potent in fact that one spliff can cause short term psycological problems, these types are currently being discussed in the house of commons with the view that they should be raised from a class 'C' drug to a class 'A' along with hallucenagens and opiates such as LSD, cocaine and heroin. Cannabis is well known for causing feelings of paranoia, its quite normal, the long term affects you are feeling are more than likely caused by your own mind dealing with your worries and fears. I would suggest as the others have, talk to frank, they can help alleviate your fears.

Another thing, eating cannabis is always more effective and intense than smoking it, you ingest all of the THC (the active chemical in dope) as opposed to smoking the same amount, you exhale quite a lot of the THC.

I used to dabble and had a few horrible trips from eating dope, feeling like I was going to die of a heart attack and being depressed for days afterwards. IMO its worse than some of the class A's, but it isnt likely to have any long-lasting effects so long as you look after yourself. Nex is right about the blood sugar / pressure thing, thats why some people get the munchies and feel dizzy when they stand up suddenly. Read up on nutrition as it does affect your mental state massively. Recommend anything by Patrick Holford.

my response to any mention of mental health issues is most usually - get counciling.. it never hurts to have an open, honest and totally confidential chat about whatevers on your mind, which is all counciling really is, and getting answers and advice from a trained and experianced profesional on such matters cant be beat imo...

Speak to someone on the Radio 1 Sunday Surgery. I've listened in the past and they've given out some pretty good drug related advice :) Even if you dont want to talk on air, they usually send out a reply by Email.

you'll be fine mate, your panick attack was as a consequence of a high dose. your heart beating eratically was due to your brain's reaction to the high , and consequent anxiety.
suffice to say you'll never go near the stuff again!
you can live safe in the knowledge that ganj isn't for you, and moreover, i can guarantee you that you have done no lasting damage!
take up chasing skirt, and excercise is always good for releasing endorphins.
btw, taking E for instance, depleats Seratonin which implicitly causes depression. steer clear ok!?

Sounds like you were having a whitey. Something you get when your not used to it. You've basicly shocked your body and messed it up. It will get better, but it will take a few months to completely leave your body, from what i've heard. But imo, most of the problem is in your head. Get to the Dr's or somthing and talk talk talk. Will make you feel 100x better.

And NEVER try it again, no drug is ever the same. And you never really know what your taking. Def not worth it.

cheers guys :) ive had a clear mind all day n felt great lol, nice to know its probs in my head, and no i will 110% will not be doing it agian, or any drugs, i dont know why i done it anyways but there we, glad i did in a way so now i know the affects of more hardcore stuff! again cheers guys! :D

Never really has much time for drugs etc. Did have a bit of a fling with the old Beer, but not so much these days if atall. Take this for example, i went to School with a lad who was the one of Smartest guys i've probally ever met. He left to go to Uni etc to study Advanced higher Maths and Physics. Smart ###### yes. But, he then discovered the world of Dope etc and now is one of the biggest wasters that i know. Any party he is at he will steal stuff, I.E Drink, Cd's, Remotes for T.Vs anything he can get his grubby lil paws on really. Total prick these days.

Ok - may have gone on a bit there but you see my point - he had the whole world in front of him, became a pot head and threw it all away, and is now a complete pleb.

Anyhoo......thats my views. I'd never touch the stuff, the company that i now work for employs CORGI engineers (under my supervision), and we did a random test not so long ago. Outta 38 engineers, we were left with 30. Now, imagine going home to your wife/boyfriend to say you've been punted for failing a drugs test. Then try to get another job?! Good luck on that one!

Titch :kungfu:

Dude!!

You're probably sick of reading posts by now, but I can relate directly to your situation....I was addicted THC a few years ago (every night, without tabacco, after work, as soon as I got home, without fail)....I used (abused) it as a 'stress buster' but without realising that it was causing me to me to neglect my partner, the house and most other stuff.

I suffered around 4 nasty whiteys during my time (EXACTLY the symptoms you described and more.....) but at the time it didn't put me off since the stress form work needed busting.....

My turning point came with two incidents

1) My (much loved) partner tried it with me one night and from her first time she had a very bad reaction (same as you described)

...at this point I stopped it alltogether (& immediately) this really cut me up!!

2) Two weeks later while happily writing some software at work...the PC monnitor seemed to zoom away into the distance and things sounded very dull, heart rate raced, felt sick, breating depth increased, muscles in hands and forearms gradually went into tention pulling my hands into 'kung-fu tiger-claw' position.... and had to get out (very scared considering I was sobre!)...went to doctors (still in mid pannic attack) and explained everything.....

Doctor took blood tests to make sure it wasn't something else (like blood poisonong or diabetes)...results were all clear and deduced that it was pannic attack triggered from stress & anxiety.... made worse from THC withdrawal.

About 3 months after I had another go with a tiny ammount of THC and the results were awafull....another NASTY reaction.

Joined MSC and been off it for years ever since!!!

Never felt better and I don't crave the bukket any more

(shame I'm an alcohollic now though...LOL ....still a charity case)

HANG IN THERE MATE>>>>....make the right decisions, give it a little time and you will be FINE!!

Back