MOT failed miserably, only 2 weeks left to shift it - ADVICE please!

2000 model Micra, the car failed miserably today! Loads of corrosion is the main culprit and I have been quoted between 400-500 to get all the repairs done. Scrap value is £35... We are leaving the country in a few months so need to shift the car soon. Still got 2 weeks of old MOT and current insurance to use though. Can anyone give some advice on what best to do - if we get the car repaired, can we realistically sell it for 800-900? The rest of the car is in good condition, 50000 miles with new oil and plugs, new exhaust backbox and alternator and the outer body is in great condition, as is the interior. It's automatic too. We bought it for 1250 (lying man) so if we got repairs done for 500 then sell it for 800 then great, but is that LIKELY? and within 2 weeks? I mean logically, if the work was done it would be a sound car again and with low mileage so surely worth about 800? Or should we just put it on Autotrader for 300-400 and say work would cost 400-500? Would people appreciate the honesty and buy it thinking that 500 work+400 for the car equals a good bargain in the end, or would it really never sell?

Advice appreciated asap!

p1100436m.jpg

p1100420q.jpg

A garage a friend knows said they'd do the work for a very good price. Gonna get that done and then sell the car normally.

Thanks! Out of interest what would you pay for it once it passes it's mot and has had all the repair work done on it? 52k miles, automatic etc as above..

Thanks! Out of interest what would you pay for it once it passes it's mot and has had all the repair work done on it? 52k miles, automatic etc as above..
i was looking at auto k11s the other day and some were still going for 1,500 and with 50,000 miles on and years mot should still get quite a bit i would have thought mate
good luck with selling

last december i bought for my partner a v plate 1ltr cvt micra with 32,000 genuine miles on the clock for £995 ,what i have found is that small auto's seem to be hard to find so the price are generally higher than a manual.

Great! that's promising. I'll list it on here maybe too if there's a for sale section - Autotrader is really expensive..

whats corroded on it? may be interested as it is
Nearside and offside rear lower arch to sill suspension mounting
Offside inner and outer rear (sill) suspension mounting
Offside outer and inner (sill) seatbelt anchorage corroded

That's what the MOT says, but they are all being fixed now and I'll have the car back on Monday as good as new! Will be listing it for sale after that, and after a nice good clean and polish, so if you are still interested let me know!

Back