Good Afternoon All,

I have recently purchased an 05 sport + 1.3 micra. Anybody else got any opinions on this car? Like easy mods anything to look out for etc?

Regards

Wayne

Hi Wayne,
If it's an 05 it's either a 1.2 or a 1.4 :p
I have a 2005 sport+ too, and I love it. Mine's the diesel.

Do you have any photos? We love photos here ^_^

Stuff to look out for? Usual stuff with any car, regularly serviced? Well kept? Taken to dealer for any affecting recall?
I've had to change my front wishbone suspension arms on the O/S twice but one of those was to replace the replacement that turned out to be cheap because it was pants <_<

With regards to mods there are lots of threads about various projects with a few ideas you could take on board, just don't forget to declare them to your insurer ;)

Yes I still have the original 6 disc multi-changer in mine...as it's an 05/55 don't have the fancy bluetooth, but that's fine by me :p
The only "mods" I have are a dash of red paint on my brake callipers, some black sticky black plastic on my B-pillars and a bolt holding my air intake in place as the plastic clip was broken when I bought her (4 years ago)
...I'm not much of a modder you see LOL

I do like to get bargains from ebay though...so I've got a set of genuine Sun shades, a boot liner plus the Heater control kn0bs from a K12c (2008 facelift) as they're black instead of cream and give the centre console a cleaner look in my opinion ;)

Edit: if you click on the "Love Turbo" in my signature it'll take you to my blog...ish....thing :D

welcome wayne, sounds nice :) pics would be good!

TBH sounds aren't my thing so I've found the stock stereo very good inc the 6 disc changer, but I understand if that's what your into standard won't be good enough.

jen- good idea on the control knobs, the white ones in mine do look like boiled sweets lol. i'll have to have a read up on how you did that and maybe do it one day. although I promised myself this one is staying standard........... lol. ;)

Ah I haven't properly tried it out yet. Once I've got it clean I'm going to put some pictures up. One thing I did notice is how scabby the bump strips on the doors are. Are they easy to take off altogether? As they make the car look untidy ! And is it easy to find the radio code? As mine isn't in the booklet :mad:

Wayne

Hi Guy,
Is it easy to change the fuel filler cap / neck, as I've seen mine is rather rusty :/ and a open question can you just change the front light lens?
Thanks to all,

Regards
Purple Micra
Wayne

Hi Wayne, not a job I've actually done unfortunately! If you look here, it looks like the pipe and grommet are seperate - I guess the actually rusty part of the filler is part of the wing, have you got a pic? The lens is changeable but I believe the front bumper has to come off, again something I've never done :oops:. I know Pete (Dragonmaster something on here) has done it tons of times so you could PM him :).

thanks Guy, It's either that or the grommet (no 4) has come off making it rusty and or I need number 7 tube filler. Tho would you recommend I try to sand the rust off the cap / neck as much as possible and spray it with hammerite?

Regards

Wayne

That sounds like a good idea, Nissan really like to bend you over for the price of new parts o_O.

Back