Newbie - With knocking bootlid!?

Hi everyone,

Newbie to the forum and the world if micra. Picked up my K12 Sport+ (1.4, emotion red) a couple of weeks ago and think it is a fantastic little car - V. pleased. Will post some pics when I get the opportunity.

However, got one niggling problem and wondered if anyone else had experienced the same thing before I attempt to talk to the dealer! (tried to search the forum but couldn't find anything). On some bends and bumps (mostly bends) I get a strange creaking sound from the bootlid like metal rubbing metal or plastic. Cant figure out what it is and cant see any signs of any rubbing. The trim on the inside of the bootlid seems a bit loose but I dont think this is causing the problem. Anyone else had this prob? The sound is a bit like what you might expect to hear on a boat ?!?:confused:

Hopefully i can help on other posts in the future!
Cheers
G

OK guys,

thanks for that. I had seen that post but the noise I get is only on bends and some uneven bumps and mostly at low speed. Also it is more of a creak than a banging sound. However, think I'll get the dealer to check this out - Might as well make use of the warranty! I'll let you know the outcome.

Shouldn't Nissan have fixed this problem by now if they have known about it that long? I only picked the car up last week.

Cheers

sounds like it might be the dodgy seat frames they have more than the boot lid, if its round corners. Also try a bit of wd40 on the bolt that holds the female part of the seat belt (you know the bit with the red button, i can't think of the proper name at the mo).

greg_k12 said:
OK guys,

thanks for that. I had seen that post but the noise I get is only on bends and some uneven bumps and mostly at low speed. Also it is more of a creak than a banging sound. However, think I'll get the dealer to check this out - Might as well make use of the warranty! I'll let you know the outcome.

Shouldn't Nissan have fixed this problem by now if they have known about it that long? I only picked the car up last week.

Cheers

depends when yor car was actually put together i supose

Masterbiker, do you mean back seats or front seats? I have read about other peoples problems on here with the front seats but I have been lucky so far as I only get the occassional squeak from the drivers buckle thingy (red button dooby). I thought it might have been the sliding rear seats but I have tried these in different positions and it makes no diff.

The sound is defo coming from the rear of the car. Might try having a look underneath at the weekend when there is some light!

Yeah i mean the front seats. When you have a look underneath have a good look at the alu heat sheild to see if it is rubbing against the exaust. Mine got bent and was rubbing when i had gone over a half foot deap puddle at 60mph (not something i want to repeat ever ever again).

Hi Guys,

thought I might post an update on this. The sound went away for about a month - absolutely fine, no probs - but has come back againgrr . Went down to the dealers and got a service fella to have a listen and he reckons it is a problem with panel alignment and could take a couple of days to find/fix.

Anyone else ever had this problem on a new car? I'm wondering if its worth getting it sorted or just leaving it and hoping it will stop again.

Also, anyone got any ideas how they figure out which panels it is cos if they start taking panels off or moving them surely it could just get worse?

Cheers

Definately get it fixed.. If its just a hatch alignment issue any decent panel beater should be able to adjust the hatch until it fits properly in under an hour.

has the car ever been involved in a rear end accident before?

greg_k12 said:
Went down to the dealers and got a service fella to have a listen and he reckons it is a problem with panel alignment and could take a couple of days to find/fix.
That just sounds like he doesn't know and has made something up. Ask him which panel/s are out and show you exactly where abouts. fwn fwn

Back