Fog lights

D

Deleted User

Good afternoon everyone.

I have a Micra with the sport bumper. I recently just purchased some fog lights of ebay as a spare of the moment thing to be honest, I didn't have a clue if they would fit, but I did read somewhere on this forum that any Micra k12 fog lights would fit any model.

I have them now but they don't look like they will fit in regards to the way they hold in place via the 2 holes either side of the light. Any ideas?

The item number is KE622 - AX000

Thank you, Jamie.

Jamie

Am new to this site and not had the car long (its the girlfreinds) but i think its great !

Have the similar problem but worse !
I have a 2003 k12 have fitted a 2005 sports bumper and the fog lights dont fit as the light is the same shape but the mountings are not right (2 no on the 2003 fog light and 3 no 90 degrees to them on the 2005 sports bumper)
Hve tried at nissan but the tell me there is 10 no bumper types for the micra and i need the chassie number ???
Let me know how you got on

Paul

That item number aren't the right ones.

Nissan go on chassis codes, your best thing to do is to take the chassis number from a sport (maybe one in the showroom) then you will get the right ones :grinning:

i know the wireing loom is there mate did you get the stalks with them?

Hi yes it comes with stalks and all brackets bolts etc the one thing that will not be right is the dials may not have the front fog light indicator on the display so you cannot see on the dash when they are on !

That item number aren't the right ones.

Nissan go on chassis codes, your best thing to do is to take the chassis number from a sport (maybe one in the showroom) then you will get the right ones :grinning:

Hi yes that fine if there is only one type for the sport ! But there are 3 ?
So need to get under the car in the showroom and check the mounts are the same and if so then get the chassis code and hopefully they are the same.
If not will be an expensive error as they are none refundable order item only
Cheers

Hi yes it comes with stalks and all brackets bolts etc the one thing that will not be right is the dials may not have the front fog light indicator on the display so you cannot see on the dash when they are on !

there is no front fog light indicator on the display once they are switched on. it is only the back fog light which displays once switched on

Thanks.

If you guys have the standard ones by mistake and wanna sell I may just be your buyer :)

Bugsey, You'll need the kit as you'll need the lamp mounts and replacement stalks with the switch position for front fogs and rears. Occasionally on e-bay (usually for pre facelift 03-05).

Not got your e-mail address...

Anyway, it's quite simple. Check the light switch on the steering column. Look to see where the fog light symbol is, you should see just 1 symbol, which is the position for the rear fog light. If you add front fog/driving lights to your car, you need to be able to turn them on and off. Micras that have them fitted already have a different stalk with 2 positions, 1 for front, 1 for rear. The car is already wired up for the extra lights, but you need the correct switch/stalk. This is part of the foglight kit and involves removing the steering wheel and the existing switch gear and fitting the kit stalks. Also, the fog lights may need an extra bracket that attaches them to the bumper (also in the kit).
You could get the bits from a breaker, but you'll need to remember you'll need the above, not just the lights. :)

Not got your e-mail address...

Anyway, it's quite simple. Check the light switch on the steering column. Look to see where the fog light symbol is, you should see just 1 symbol, which is the position for the rear fog light. If you add front fog/driving lights to your car, you need to be able to turn them on and off. Micras that have them fitted already have a different stalk with 2 positions, 1 for front, 1 for rear. The car is already wired up for the extra lights, but you need the correct switch/stalk. This is part of the foglight kit and involves removing the steering wheel and the existing switch gear and fitting the kit stalks. Also, the fog lights may need an extra bracket that attaches them to the bumper (also in the kit).
You could get the bits from a breaker, but you'll need to remember you'll need the above, not just the lights. :)

Sorry thought you could send emails through here??

When I went to the garage I was quoted £260 for for parts and labour lol I told him to forget it lol I will try salvage/breakers yard, thanks for the advise.

Back