Newbie tyre question - please help

I have a 1995 K11 Super S. I have to replace the front tyres, which gives me two options.

I can replace them with the standard 13" 175 tyres or I have been offered four new 14" 185 55 tyres with alloys. These are off a X reg micra.

Will the 14" tyres be ok? How will it effect the handling etc?

Thank you

the rolling radius would be larger depending on what width the 14's are and mess with the speedo a tiny bit, look here for details Click Here!

good luck! (Y)

Its is a 185 width, the standard Super S width is 175. I think they will fit but will they rub at all, with grip be improved or reduced?

I have a 1995 K11 Super S. I have to replace the front tyres, which gives me two options.

I can replace them with the standard 13" 175 tyres or I have been offered four new 14" 185 55 tyres with alloys. These are off a X reg micra.

Will the 14" tyres be ok? How will it effect the handling etc?

Thank you

If they are standard fit on a newer k11, then they will be ok! our peter fitted 185/55x14 Bridgestones to my aunts 98 micra, and he's a tyre technician(25 yrs) by trade, so they must be all right

185 tyres fit fine on micra and wont rub unless the wheel rim has an extreme offset (even then it isn't likely). Your rolling radius will be slightly smaller than your existing tyre (which is not the standard size in the first place) which means your car will be quicker to accelerate. Don't worry about being smaller it will lower the car (imperceptably) and you aren't even going to be as small as a 155 70 13 which is standard for a prefacelift model. Grip and cornering performance should improve, along with safety. DO IT!

Back