Tyre advice

wehey

Ex. Club Member
Sorry if this has been asked before, i have done a quick search but cant find the info quickly.I have just woken up to a flat tyre and need to get it sorted today

The size i have now is 155/70/R13 on standard steels.
The flat tyre is on its last legs anyway so i will need a new one.
I would like to replace it (and the one one the other side) with a slightly wider tyre. I have seen other Micras on steels with wider tyres but dont know what size to go for?

I have done a quick search and think 175/60/R13 will fit but when i called Setyres they said it was a very unusual size and they would have to order it in for me :( and @ £59 a pop i am unsure what to do.

What other wider standard sizes can you get for the 13's and preferably a size thats more common and therefore cheaper?

Many Thanks

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Pretty sure Stani has 185's on his stock width rims, and I'm sure that I have seen others with the same. You'll get a cool old school bulgy look - would be epic with dunlop white or yellow lettered on the tyre.

I've seen anything from 155 to 185 listed as suitable for a 5" rim.

or I've got a nearly new 155/70 here you can have for a couple of bottles of Bulmers (I'm just down the A27 in Chichester).

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
175/60 R13 will fit on the standard steel rim as that was what the SuperS / SR's came with from the factory.

A quick search on Blackcircles.com should show you all the brands available, which is quite a few ranging from £37-48 per corner.

OP
OP
wehey

wehey

Ex. Club Member
Thanks for the advice and offers :)
I think i will go for 175/60/R13 coz they will just look better than the skinnys i have on there now.........any recommendations for mobile fitting companies?

i had 185's put on my standard steelies,looks better and the grip in much improved, the shop i went to also said 175's are harder to get hence more expensive,185's are plentifull, cost me £60 for a set of 4 fitted! dont know why i didn't do it before! just to point out they were part worn and i knew the guy hence the price!