Newbie saying hello.

It is a sad and happy day for our '95 Micra, We acquired our 1.0 LX when it was a couple of years old as a daily driver for my wife. Quite simply it was a brilliant car and has never let us down. Unfortunately the gearbox started grumpling last month and yesterday it said 'enough'. She (the Micra) has only 55k and the engine is sweet and eager and has solid bodywork.

Initially I thought it will have to go to Micra heaven until I fell upon this amazing forum. So now I have decided to keep and play with.

Gaining inspiration from this forum I plan to keep it simple, I would like to:

1. Replace gearbox.
2. Lower the suspension.
3. Fit a cheeky back box to the exhaust.
4. Sort out the numerous minor dents.

However my first question is, if I may, I understand that the K11 went through a series of different gearboxes, I would like to know which specific gearbox I should look for?

I am aware that the 1.3 gearbox is not suitable.

By the way I am located in Staines near Heathrow.

I will try and get photos sorted soon.

Many thanks.

It is a pre 98 1.0 gear box you will need, as they changed on the 1.0 after that..
Always worth topping the gearbox oil up first see if that helps.

Hi mate and welcome.....I have to say that I have joined a lot of forums in the past for all manner of cars, this is by far the nicest and most helpful forum I have ever been on....get it sorted and have fun with it...

sent using the send button. .....

Hello bud. From years ago, there used to be a huge recon gearbox place based at heathrow. Might be worthwhile having a sniff around, but as I said, it was a few years ago - you never know yer luck.

Auto europe in Crawley are pretty big locally to you if you want it refurbed. Although a quick trip down the breakers and £50 later you can have anyone you like...

Welcome BTW :D

Many thanks for the words of encouragement.

I hope to get some pics up later this evening.

I always believe pictures can say '000 words.

I am picking up my wife's new car this afternoon at which point the Micra is all mine to play with.

Kind regards,

As promised, photos of how she is looking now.

Attachments

• 12052013774.jpg
    12052013774.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 211
  • 12052013775.jpg
    12052013775.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 226
  • 12052013776.jpg
    12052013776.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 219
  • 12052013777.jpg
    12052013777.jpg