newbie 1.0 micra tuning !

hello all i am very new to the micra world never thought i would say it but i love them went out in my mates one a few weeks back and had to go buy one i loved it i was just wondering wat you can do to the 1.0 litre engine tuning wise and how much bhp you can have them running as i do like to tinker and get the very best out of my engines all help will be appreciated thank you.

Best thing you can do before anything else is give the car a good service. If the car has been neglected it will transform it! If its an older Micra you will probably find other stuff that needs doing.
Before trying to make it go faster get it running properly.
Change all the filters, change the brake fluid and anti freeze and adjust the clutch and brakes.

After all that, as with all cars start by upgrading the air filter and exhaust. You don't need a full stainless system and touring car induction kit. A panel filter and cat back system should make it feel and sound a bit better.
As Andy pointed out there are tonnes of blogs and plenty grumpy parts suppliers on here to give you plenty to tinker with.

the only tuning guides on the micra k11 that i can find is for the 1.3 and i prefere the 1.0 litre due to it having a much revier engine and i like high reving engines i just wanted a quick low down of how much bhp and how quick you can actually get these lil pocket rockets as for a 1.0 i am very impressed with the car as it keeps up with alot of higher litres thanks for advise so far.

the only tuning guides on the micra k11 that i can find is for the 1.3 and i prefere the 1.0 litre due to it having a much revier engine and i like high reving engines i just wanted a quick low down of how much bhp and how quick you can actually get these lil pocket rockets as for a 1.0 i am very impressed with the car as it keeps up with alot of higher litres thanks for advise so far.

hi :grinning: checkout baguete,s 1.0 blog, and mine lately (which has a 2mm headskim, different cams etc)

if some one could give me a quick run down on here would be much appreciated as im not to good at finding things and my comp is very slow lol i just wanna no how much bhp you can get and a quick run down of wat u have to do and a rough cost ? thanks for all information so far much appreciated :)

Back