newbe to the nissan world

hi all I have just got a K11 1999 1.3 16v 5 door and so far liking what I had seen. and I would like to add a couple of bits but cant find any so I have not looked in the right place or they don't do them so please a little help :D

1, do they do a electric window kit for the micra or is it a Universal kit ??
2, after a 2 or 3 inch exit on the back box direct fit and not a Universal ??
and good body kits for the 5 door ??
4, and should the 1.3 16v rev to 7,500 RPM ??

many thanks to any one that read this message :)
Pete

Welcome!

1, do they do a electric window kit for the micra or is it a Universal kit ??
You should be able to pull electric window components from a scrap Micra (just make sure it's a 5 door as these are shorter than the 3 door models). You may need to wire in some loom if you have a basic spec (Equation) model, but most of the legwork is done if you just grab some doors and it'll retain the factory look.

You can get universal kits on ebay, which basically consist of a motor and a rotating ring that slips over the existing manual window winder. They're easy to fit but some question their reliability and you'll have to drill holes in the inner door skin to mount the device and the doorcards to mount the switches.

2, after a 2 or 3 inch exit on the back box direct fit and not a Universal ??
Not sure on this one mate, I'm sure someone else will pop in and help you there.

and good body kits for the 5 door ??
That really is a question of taste. In my humble opinion, bodykits look terrible on a Micra and look no better than a Corsa: Halfords Edition. The exception is the Nismo kits, but these are expensive. It's your car though so it's up to you. If you want a cheap way of changing the look of the body, you can use splitters and skirts from other cars. Have a look here for more info.

4, and should the 1.3 16v rev to 7,500 RPM ??

I'm pretty sure that's the limit on my 1.0l but I don't have a rev counter on mine so I'm not 100%. Again, hopefully someone else will come along and confirm this.

Hope this helps.

thanks stuartwood89

the help you have given is helpful. the reason for bodykit is that I want to fit wider wheels so thought easier way would be to put wide archs on from a bodykit or can I roll the archs ???

Yeah you can get arches separately online. A fair few people on here have done that. Front arches are fine to roll as you can replace the panels, but some people advise against rolling the rears IIRC.

Back