Newbie to the forum + micra world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, newb from the northwest here!

Bought my first Micra at the weekend, 1.3 SR with a bottom end rattle so shall be changing the engine on it this weekend, needs a good clean too but other than that its a minter.

Got a few mod's on it but will be staying mostly standard as its going to be used as a runaround mostly, but will still be having some fun in it :grinning:

ae7e_12.jpg

Other car is a 200sx that I've nearly finished building...

DSC01134.jpg

Just waiting on the turbo to come back from being rebuilt and it'll be nearly done.

Past cars include 2x Starlet GTT's, IS200, Impreza (JDM) Ver4 STi

(Y)

The "bottom end rattle" may just be the timing chain, nearly all K11 engines have this rattle, and it's nothing to worry about.

The "bottom end rattle" may just be the timing chain, nearly all K11 engines have this rattle, and it's nothing to worry about.
It's smoking quite a bit too, and the rattle sounds like something internal as aposed to the chain.

Have picked up an engine from a Super S for £50 so and wont take long to swap over :)

Out of interest are there any differences between the SR and Super S 1.3's?

Welcome to the club. Nice looking cars there!

Cheers bud!

Micra looks at its best in that picture, will take another one when i've swapped the engine and given it the Meguiars treatment :cool:

200sx has had most the bodywork done now, just need to workout the best way to mount the front bumper as solid as possible :) Then ideally have the car detailed but may leave that until the start of summer next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back