New to forum Lowering 35/45 mm

Hi i'm new to the forum an wanted some advice i have just bought a micra 1.0 for £450 for a car to get me about while my mini is off the road 1 of the 1st mods i want to do is lower i was looking at around 35 /45mm and dont understand the pan-hard rod what would i have to do with this i will be leaving it on the standard 13inch alloys thanks

As I understand, untill you go past 50ish mm you don't have to mess with the panhard. If I was you I would drop 45 because I did 35 and it's just not low enough even on 14's :(

I had apex 35's, got them in a bulk buy. But Me and my dad spoke to Matt humphries at rallyday and he wholey recommended 50mm springs that he sells on the micra rally site. They are about 150 but the car looks very nice with them on and body roll becomes next to nothing. What shocks are you planning on using?

Ummmm if I was you I would just whack some 35's on there, about 90 quid to be honest. Then you dot really have to worry about shocks or the panhard :)

suzuki alto rear springs will drop you this much micra-wave (you need shorter shocks to keep them captive on the rear tho)

PB020270.JPG

If i decided to go for the 50 mm springs would i then have to buy an adjustable pan-hard bar some one said weld a bar in the v piece an jack it up on the bar an bend it

Ah, I have spax nitrogen shocks all round and I can see myself going to 50 next, would you recommend keeping these shocks or swapping to corsa b rears?

When I was on 50mm springs i had micra struts all round, but since I started using the matiz setup I had to use corsa b struts with the micra 80mm springs

30mm/35mm springs on ebay for £100 brand new.... 40mm wont look any diffrent.

they fit fine and are the right spring rates. unlike springs off other cars.

does lowering springs affect the stock shock absorber on the long run? or is it better to change to adjustable absorber which comes with lowered springs?

thanks ..

planning to put 15" wheels.. which springs do you recommend? 35 or 50mm? thanks

30mm/35mm springs on ebay for £100 brand new.... 40mm wont look any diffrent.

they fit fine and are the right spring rates. unlike springs off other cars.
the right spring rate for stock shocks dan ? i think i will stick with my oem/factory alto ones (not some chinese ebay ones)

Back