New pics of my car with wheels and spoiler on!

Haylz

Ex. Club Member
I just put the alloys on from my mates crx, they look loads better than the steelies. I prob get different ones through time tho.

27-01-06_1511.jpg 27-01-06_1512.jpg 27-01-06_1510.jpg
click thumbnails to see full size pics

You can see the spoiler on one of those pics too, I will be adding the saxo spoiler I got the other day to it once I have sanded and repainted it.

Let me know what you all think.

Haylz

Looking good but its on stilts at the mo!Needs to be lowered then will look 10 times better, looking very sparkling, keep up the good work!!!!!

benmicrasr said:
Looking good but its on stilts at the mo!Needs to be lowered then will look 10 times better, looking very sparkling, keep up the good work!!!!!

Yeah i was just thinking that!! What size r they?!!!

Looking nice tho!!

very clean, looks nice :)

i'd drop it 40mm, just a subtle mod

spoiler's good too where's that from?

I've got some lowering springs on the way. 35mm drop. :grinning:

Nex- I bought the spoiler from 59 bhp is more than enough.

Ems- the wheels are 15" on 185/45/15 tyres

rj007 said:
Looking good! You aren't hanging about are you!! :laugh:

Lol I'm just impatient. I wasn't planning to get alloys or lower it until after my wedding but once I get an idea into my head I want everything done yesterday. haha

the saxo spoiler should keep me happy for a while tho cos it has to be sanded and painted so I'll take my time with it so that I don't get any more ideas for the time being.

my next project after that will be to modify the grille so I have an open meshed grille. Gonna put black mesh in it, paint the nissan badge red and put that in the centre of the grille. :grinning:

Been having some problems with the wheels today. There seems to be quite a bit of vibration there which wasn't there at all with the steel wheels on. The wheels are all balanced as I got them balanced the other day before they even went on the car.

At the moment I have cheap plastic spigot rings in them so they have the correct centre bore, I ordered some metal ones thru my local A1 motorstore from TSW which should be here by next week.

I'm hoping that the vibration is due to the cheap plastic spigot rings and the problem will be sorted after I put the correct TSW metal ones in.

What else could it be if it isn't that?? The wheels were off a civic CRX so the offset should be ok.

Offset should be fine - so can;t think it'd eb that. But it could be.

Is it when you turn a corner or just in general?

The cars looking nice, the alloys suit it well. Might be simple, but have you tried tightening the wheel nuts back up after the 30 miles or so from when they were first put on?

I also have the plastic spigot rings and havent noticed any vibrations etc.

It just seems to be in general but it stops and starts.

My mate I bought the wheels off says I can have my money back if I'm not happy and he'll take the wheels back. I think I might do that and buy some brand new ones instead. That way I'll know the wheels are ok, and if there's any problems it's the car. Don't think there's a problem with the car tho cos there was no vibration whatsoever with the steel wheels on.:suspect:

I was looking around ebay last night and found these wheels for £160 without tyres and they're brand new. I don't need tyres as I have brand new ones on the TSW's so I can take them off.

I think £160 isn't bad so I'm gonna get them I think, have to speak to other half first.

I also photoshopped them onto my car to see how they look and I think I actually like them better. (click thumbnails)

27-01-06_1510.jpg newwheels.JPG

by the way - sounds like a stupid question but when you attach thumbnails - how do you get the box around them which says thumbnails attached at the top of it? when I put thumbnails on it just puts the pictures on and that's it.

Haylz said:
by the way - sounds like a stupid question but when you attach thumbnails - how do you get the box around them which says thumbnails attached at the top of it? when I put thumbnails on it just puts the pictures on and that's it.

When replying you will see a tab further down saying manage attacements, click that and a pup-up will open then upload the pics you want to and it will then upload them, then shut the box and submit your post. Your done.

I prefer the TSW alpines that you've already got on the car, the ones u photoshopped onto your car look a bit dull, as in brushed metal kinda look. up to u if u like that look.

also seeing as u lowering the car, try photshopping both sets of wheels on ur car as if it were lowered. that way u cud get a better idea.

R05_Micra said:
you selling the saxo spoiler then, *hint hint* ;)

If I sell one of my spoilers it will be the one that's already on the car mate, not the saxo one.

I haven't had any time to do anymore with them this week tho so don't know yet whether I'm fixing the saxo one to the current spoiler or fixing it direct to the car.

Micra said:
also seeing as u lowering the car, try photshopping both sets of wheels on ur car as if it were lowered. that way u cud get a better idea.

I'm not very good with the photoshopping thing lol. I'd appreciate it if someone else could photoshop it lowered please if you wouldn't mind.

Been messing around with paint shop pro and although I'm pants at photoshopping my car with it I came up with the following, just basic mods but I think completely changed the look of my car.

MODIFIED.jpg

After speaking with my other half we decided to go ahead and buy the wheels pictured above. £180 delivered and they're brand new.

they arrived this afternoon so we went and got the tyres changed over to them from the TSW's and they are now on the car. The TSW's must have been buckled cos with the new ones on there's no vibration at all.

Will get some pics up soon with the new wheels on, they look much shinier than in the photoshop above so I'm happy.

Just waiting on my springs arriving now so I can get in the garage to be lowered :grinning:

Nice, make sure and get some pics up soon with the old wheels. You could always come show them off at the meet on the 22nd *nudge, nudge, hint hint* ;)

Back