New parts needed - help please :)

NiteSite

Ex. Club Member
Right, my cars all sorted now after it nearly got written off! :D

I just need a few more bits and wanted to know how hard it's gonna be to get em and if i need specific for my model.

Well i need a new rear axle... but i have an SR with factory fitted rear discs and was under the impression the axle is different? Or would any axle be ok?

I also need 2 new drive shafts but wasn't sure if 1.3 used different drive shafts to 1.ol models?

Cheers
Lee

So your rear axle is knackered then?
The 1.3 does use different drive shafts, buI think yours is the one with the shared transmission, so you might be ok if you got 96> stuff.
Any axle should be fine, you may need to alter it for the handbrake to work and i might screw your ABS up

As Craig said cg13 half shafts are different although they are easy to source from a scrappy. The ABS would need a axle that has rear discs as they are different although slightly but these are harder to find.

Half shafts i think retail around £40-£50 from a scrappy while a ABS rear axle will cost you around £200.

Mike

Thanks for the help :)

What's the difference between an axle with ABS and one without? Could a regular one be modified to accomidate the rear discs?

I think the brake servos might also be different.
An ABS axle will have wheel sensors (?) and disks on the back and I think the handbrake is different somehow, it will be ewasier to put an ABS axle in I should have thought

Back