Help needed.

So here it is my issue of this week with my K11. its a 1994 model with CG10DE engine, i got the car about 6 months ago and had to do a bunch of things. new wheel bearings front, cv joints, passenger drive shaft, brakes and general service. (oil/fuel/air filters, engine oil flush,plugs.)

after all that the car was running well but the gearbox was dead and screaming about it so last week i changed the box. all has seemed well until today when out of nowhere i lost power and when trying to accelerate the car judders in low revs and then smooths out without power higher up.

starts first time, idle is steady, rev's sound fine in neutral (seems less responsive though).

only thing i have tried so far is i removed the maf plug but that had no effect at all on the way the car is playing up.

any idea's guys i need to try get this sorted ASAP as im suppose to be taking the family away in about 2 weeks so kind of on a deadline.

time for the first update guys, took off the distro cap and it was a little corroded but nothing too bad cleaned it up and the arm and put it back. took the Throttle body off and give it a good clean (didnt resolder as i dont know what sealant is needed to put the panel back). the car seems now to have the power back but is still a little less responsive than it used to be. also i tested after the distro clean and no change still jumpy only after the TB clean did it regain power and some what steadyness still a little jumpy at low revs (about 20mph in 3rd putting foot down gives slight judder) but its not even close to as bad as it was.

so my new question is should i get sealant (need help on what one) and resolder the TB or just get a new TB?

well the problem arrived again and funny you should mention the fuel pump as i noticed a few months back when i got the car it would run better (repond and pick up faster) when i had more fuel in the tank and that made me wonder about fuel pressure! im no expert so i may be totally off.

edit. if i drive the car hard (high revs in each gear before i change) i dont get the juddering but i still have a loss of power. also i dont know if it makes any difference but i had the gearbox changed about 2 weeks ago old one was whining like a cat being poked with a hot poker. new one dont whine but it has a rubbing/grinding ish noise while driving (cant complain too much its a lot better than the old box and was only £50)

Last edited:
Back