new mod?

babyboom

Ex. Club Member
i was going down to my brothers in liverpool and was doing about 70/80mph and i hit the rear of a campervan doing about 50mph, i was coming up to a service station and i was gonna pull in to get a short nap cos i was tired, i was about 2 miles away from the junction and i fell asleep at the wheel, i woke to find a van right infront of me, i tried to swerve to avoid it, but i hit the back corner of it, i flipped it onto its passenger side and i flipped my car onto the drivers side noone was hurt, i have an incredible pain in my chest cos of the seatbelt, once you look at the photos you'll just be glad i walked away from it all

ps. sorry about the pics, i dunno what happened with the camera

Attachments

• S6300185.JPG
    S6300185.JPG
    234.4 KB · Views: 347
  • S6300186.JPG
    S6300186.JPG
    229.3 KB · Views: 304
  • S6300187.JPG
    S6300187.JPG
    254.7 KB · Views: 308
wow, glad to hear no major injuries, sounds like you were very lucky.

shoot glad noone was hurt but what happens to you now then are u in trouble as it was your fault or did the other party not claim against you?

New mod to his car - wrecked it. I think from the humour though, you can already tell you realise how lucky you were! Still a bummer though, where is the car now?

OH MY GOD! wasnt expecting that when i clicked on this thread, glad your ok. iam suprised that you walked away from that carsh, couldve been horrific!

the car seemed to stand up well to the impact a k12 T-boned my farther in law's shogun at about 50 mph (12 months ago) and it pushed the k12's engine through the bulk head and into the passenger seat. it seems the k11 stood up much better than that

Blimey. Glad your ok. Hope you manage to get it sorted. You were obviously more tired than you thought.

cheers for the comments guys, well its a definite write off and i may also be charged with careless driving, but im still standing

i have no idea what im doing about another car yet, im just gonna pester the insurance to get it sorted out asap

the car seemed to stand up well to the impact a k12 T-boned my farther in law's shogun at about 50 mph (12 months ago) and it pushed the k12's engine through the bulk head and into the passenger seat. it seems the k11 stood up much better than that

but if you read correctly, it was only about a 20/30mph collision.

that he was doing 70/80 but by the time he hit the camper van he was still doing 50 i havnt got a problem with being wrong (if i am?) but that was how i read it the first few times (hence my post)

If it was a 50mph impact, and he was doing 50 when he hit the van then the campervan would have needed to be stopped?

I see where you're coming from though now.

butta - i was doing about 70/80, the van which was on the same side of the motorway as me was doing about 50, i fell asleep behind the wheel and woke up right afore i ran into the back of it

that clear that up for you dude?

bloody hell...glad everyone's ok, as said could have been very alot worse.

yeah everyones ok, im still Do not evade the swear filters, my chest is still quite sore but it is getting better, it'll just take time

other than that i called the insurance who are having the car lifted on monday and i should be getting an offer during the week, i looked up other 1998 1.3 si's on the auto trader and i dont think i'll be holding out much hope of getting over £700

butta - i was doing about 70/80, the van which was on the same side of the motorway as me was doing about 50, i fell asleep behind the wheel and woke up right afore i ran into the back of it

that clear that up for you dude?

yep just me not looking at it logicly glad to see your fine cuz that was a big accident.

and it depends on were your insurance company look for prices as to what you will get most price guide books show 98 si's with average milage arround the £1000 mark so good luck with that!

UPDATE

i got £1000 from the insurance, minus my whopping £370 excess i was left with £630 and a few days ago i bought (much to my regret now) a hyundai accent '99 T reg with 68k miles for £650

i now hate the damn thing and i want a micra back, so im looking around for another 1.3 k11

Attachments

• DSC00016.JPG
    DSC00016.JPG
    452.3 KB · Views: 206
He prob needed a car pronto and it was available at the time. I'm sure you would be able to trade it in for another micra. Good luck tho :)

He prob needed a car pronto and it was available at the time.

cheers ems, yeah i needed a car and it was cheap enough for the age and yes i am looking to swap it for a micra, the sooner the better lol

sonic its the 1.3 si, which i think stands for 's*** interior'

Back