CMF_micramike86

» CMF Member
hi i joined a while back but forgot all my details so here i am again! im from the uk,south scotland!

currently driving a white 93 k11 with cg10de engine, on 130k(miles),recently acquired a 1.6 engine out of a 93 sunny lx estate (ga16de) looking to do the conversion in the new year after i get my new car. im aware of the basics on how to carry out the conversion,but could do with some insider info!!??

any help most aprreciated

mike

CMF_micramike86

» CMF Member
have you had any experience or know of anyone who has done the conversion frank? i know theres two options with the fitting (1) cut the chassis to make room for the water pump or (2) modify the nearside engine/gearbox mount,i think id rather modify the mount! and then theres the gear linkages which seam pretty straighforward enough as does the subframe! the bit tht is puzzling me the most is the shortening of the driveshafts, is shortening both of them neccessary?and to what length???

cheers
mike

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
mike

its been done by a few lads on msc uk
i think the 1.4 almera and 1.6 primera use the same g/box as the 1.3 k11, so that should solve any d/shaft and gearchange probs, and an electric water pump might save any chassis cutting
but i think the wiring would be a nightmare (nats, different sensors,ecu etc)
and theres extra weight issues too
so like i say good luck !

frank

CMF_micramike86

» CMF Member
yeah ive seen the results but i cant seem to be able to join the msc for some reason!!!

so you reckon if i get a gearbox off a cg13de engine it should fit the ga16?? and i can use the original driveshafts????

the engine ive got is pre nats, 93 iirc! and the wiring shouldnt be too much of a headache, im a mechanic so i should be able to piece it together with a bit of help from the experts on these forums lol

ive seen the water pump blanking plate and electric water pump used on sr20de(t) conversions before but not sure where to get the plate from,do you know where i can get a kit frank??

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
mike

i,m only going by what i,ve read on a posting
if its the same g/box i would try to leave the box/shafts/gearchange in their original possition (using mounts/crossmember in place)
if the ga block is 2 or 3 inches longer the o/s chassis leg would probably need reworking even with the waterpump removed, if it was minimal squashing it with a 10 ton portapower would be my choise (rather than cutting into it)
take a gasket to a local machine shop, they will make you up a plate

frank

CMF_micramike86

» CMF Member
yeah thats the same with me,alot of people have alot of different ways of doing things, the lads on msc have it sussed but i cant join to ask some questions which is annoying! and yeah the portapress would be a good plan or a landrover and a length of rope lol. i can get my hands on pretty much anything to do the conversion to a high standard.

raceworx on msc got the blanking plate for the water pump from a company but im not sure where??

CMF_sixpac

» CMF Member
Hi guys. Do you have a web address for msc uk?
I am doing a 1.6 conversion at present, I moded the engine mount and gearbox mount, I also need to shorten the n/side shaft and lenghten the o/side one, Have'nt found anyone to do it yet.
I did post some pics a while back, Take a look
Paul

Back